Photobucket

July 14, 2011

Thursday memes







Photobucket

Today's question:
There are so many crappy biographies … would you rather read a poorly-written biography of a fascinating life, OR an exquisitely well-written, wonderful read of one of a not-so-interesting life?

My answer:
Hmm..another great question.  I usually don't read biographies unless it is someone that I am interested in.   The last one I read was Audition by Barbara Walters.  I picked this one up after seeing her on many shows "pushing her book" and talking about certain times of her life, which I hadn't known, but mirrored some in my life and wondered how she dealt with it.

I think that if some one has a fasinating life, but is poorly written, would be my choice over a not so fascinating life and well written biography.  Even if it was well written but boring, I would lose  interest quickly.  However, if the life was so fascinating, that the story would keep my interest, no matter how it was written.

How about you?  Which would you choose?




Please send email with following info:
*Name
*Blog Name
*Blog URL
*Email
*Facebook Name
*Twitter Name
*Comments
ex: likes, dislikes (cozies fantasy, erotica) EReader, Info of past tours, Any other info



6 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

We're on opposite sides on this one...poor writing can kill a story for me every time. I can't think of anything that's been so fascinating that I could ignore the poor writing (now, ignoring a writing style that I hate--like stream of consciousness, *cough* William Faulkner *cough* *cough*--that I can do, but it's almost as difficult).

But, then being an English major, maybe that sort of thing is drilled into me.... :-)

jlshall said...

Well, I think I'd choose good writing over "fascinating life" -- but of course I'd prefer both! All I want is perfection, I guess.

bermudaonion said...

I don't know which one I'd choose - that's a tough question!

Anonymous said...

It is a hard question

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/booking-through-thursday_14.html

Unknown said...

This one was a tough one, wasn't it? Good answer, though.

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/booking-through-thursday_14.html

Vicki said...

That's what I said. Interesting over how it's written anyday!
Here's My BTT