Photobucket

July 31, 2010

A Bit Of Me (2 of 3)

Photobucket
Hosted by Danielle at There's A Book
From her blog:
We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here. I created this weekly meme to get to know the blogging community I love just a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. Each week I will post a question to be answered in the following week’s “A Bit of Me(Me)”. Check back each Saturday to get the info for next week’s post and link up with your current post right here.
Today's Topic:
This Weeks Question: Your absolute greatest phobia.
A Bit Of Me:
I have 2....snakes and heights.    I can't even look at snakes on the tv.  While on vacation many years ago, we went to an exhibit, not knowing what was to come.  And then there was a warning to stay seated.  And out comes an Anaconda that was 18 ft long.  I was surprised I didn't faint.  But my eyes were shut tight and my heart was pounding.  The other phobia is heights.  I have trouble getting on tall ladders lol.  While on a cruise, I never got close to the rail on the top deck because of my fear.
Now you know a little bit more about me.  What is your absolute phobia?

7 comments:

Kate said...

I hate snakes too!

bermudaonion said...

I'm deathly afraid of heights too, so I can totally relate to your fear.

The1stdaughter said...

Oh my! Both of those situations sound terrible! I can't even imagine that huge snake right there and not being able to do anything. Ugh. And yes, heights are not fun at all. Truth be told, on a high school trip to the twin towers(a couple of years before they were gone), I stayed at the ground floor while everyone else went to the top to look out over the city. The thought of being all the way up there totally freaked me out. Great picks!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I am SO NOT FOND of snakes! I can totally relate to that one.

But here's what I wrote about:

http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/07/31/a-bit-of-me-me-biggest-phobia/

Loren said...

oh my gosh, Cheryl! I am afraid of heights as well and didn't even think to put that on mine! I don't like snakes either but living out in the country I see them alot and have gotten over alot of the fear...don't get me wrong I don't Like them AT ALL ;0)

Have a blessed weekend my friend

Melissa said...

My boyfriend is also really afraid / phobic about heights. Most of the time they don't bother me. However, I have to admit that when I was hiking up a mountain in Korea, we took a group picture of everyone on the edge of the peak. I was a little leary of moving closer toward it, afraid that I'd slip and fall over the edge. (I didn't fall though!)

Lynn Gardner said...

Oh, snakes. Do not like snakes. The silly movie 'Snakes on a Plane?' Just the title gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Every once in a while, one of my cats tries to bring a little garter snake in the house and I slam the door its adorable, whiskered faces because a snake in my house??? I would have to move. Immediately.