Photobucket

February 6, 2010

Doors Open by Ian Rankin Photobucket

Doors Open by Ian Rankin  (Rating 0)

Published by Reagan Arthur Books/Little, Brown and Company
ISBN 978-0-316-02478-5
At the request of The Hachette Book Club, a HC copy was sent, at no cost to me, for my honest review.
  Synopsis:  (From the book's jacket) Three friends descend upon an art auction. Software mogul Mike Mackenzie wants something money can't buy. Banker Allan Cruickshank is burdened by a painful divorce. And Robert Gissing, an art professor, is frustrated by paintings hidden away in private hands. In a conversation over drinks, the three seize on an impossible, unthinkable, suddenly inevitable idea: steal the art. There has to be a way.
  My opinion and rating: This is my opinion and my opinion only. I was unable to finish this book. I read close to 75 pages and nothing pulled me in to the storyline. I had to keep rereading paragraphs due to fact that I found it to be boring. I am used to reading mysteries and/or suspense where there is something gripping within the first few chapters and that wasn't the case with this book. Mr. Rankin is a best selling author and I am sure that other's will have a different opinion of Doors Open but for this reader, it was not something I enjoyed.  (Rating 0)

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

So sorry this didn't work for you.

Julie P. said...

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy this book. We have still added it to the challenge blog.

CMash said...

I tried so hard to push forward with this book but it just didn't grip me. This was the hardesst review I had to write but I had to be honest. I was disappointed because up to this book, all the past requested reads were really good and found authors that I would never have picked up.