Photobucket

September 28, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010 Challenge (4 of 4)

Photobucket
Hosted by Katrina from Callapidder Days
Tuesday's Question:
What do you think is the biggest obstacle to your reading? What prevents you from reading as much as you’d like?

  Two words...Real life.  And since I am still under strict rescrictions, due to operations, of doing household chores, I can't even imagine how it is going to be when those are lifted.  I have often wondered how those that work outside the home, find the time to read, blog and the responsibilities of real life.
  Another reading stumbling block, that I have encountered, is the time it takes to keeping my blog updated, visiting other blogs, participating in memes, etc etc.  Sometimes, I find I spend more time on my laptop more than I do having a book in hand.  I need to reverse that. 

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I totally agree - I need an assistant so I can do whatever I want whenever I want!

Unknown said...

I have to agree! Keeping the blog updated is hard enough but how in the world do you get all of those comments done? You seem to visit everyone! I have 5-6 that I comment on and some days it's all I can do to keep up!
My answer to the Fall into Reading question is here: Hott Books - Fall Into Reading.

Gigi Ann said...

I agree with you. I try to comment back to all who comment on my blog. Today I will be busy trying to keep up with ABC Wednesday, and that has nothing to do with My Reading. But, I love the memes, and of course they do take time to keep after.

Teacher/Learner said...

Same deal here. I can't imagine trying to keep up with this with a family & full-time job. I've noticed that there are lots of literate stay-at-home moms that run book blogs, which is such an interesting trend. I have sort of an "on call job" until I get hired full-time and I'm single, so that frees up a good amount of reading & blogging time :o)