Photobucket

January 29, 2010

Fri #2 Photobucket

This is a day of fun filled Friday Memes and just found one more.  What a great way to spend Fridays (esp not being able to do much else if you read my 1st Friday post)  And today I am adding one more!!
Photobucket
Hosted by An Island Life http://islandlife808.com
From An Island Life: In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, visit An Island Life answer the question and then post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
My question is:
  What did you want to be when you "grew up"  and did you choose that profession as an adult?
I would pretend I was a teacher and a doctor's secretary while sitting at my desk at home.  And as an adult I chose and went to school to become a licensed RN, which I miss working due to the back problems.
Photobucket
http://fridayfillins.blogspot.com
1. Wouldn't it be easy if we all had a robot maid like the one on the cartoon "The Jetsons".
2. My prayer will be that if I have surgery, life will be better than ever!
3. I love the taste of double chocolate ice cream with peanut butter and marshmallow toppings.
4. The tv is on and the dog is on the couch in the living room.
5. The first thing we're going to do is hopefully go on vacation to Aruba, after surgery recuperation.
6. Someone didn't fully turn off the faucet and all I hear is drip, drip, drip; and it is driveing me crazy.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with hubby as we both have had a bad week and maybe even throwing in my comfort food, a sundae from Friendly's, tomorrow my plans include laundry, blogging, reading, relaxing and Sunday, I want to be a couch potato and read!
This is a new meme that I found via Vicki's blog ReadingAtTheBeach.com You can always find something great on her blog !!!!!  And her pictures are amazing.
Photobucket
Hosted by Storytime With Tonya and Friends   http://storytimewithtonya.blogspot.com
Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
Here's mine:
  The trick was keeping your sanity.  Prison was the safest place for him now.
From my current read Among Thieves by David Hosp
Photobucket
Hosted by Midday Escapades http://www.middayescapades.com/
Welcome to the third Friday Follow celebration hosted by One 2 Try, Hearts Make Families and Midday Escapades! We invite you to join us every Friday to get more blog followers and to follow other interesting blogs. It is all about sharing and having fun.
Here's how YOU can join the celebration:
* Link up your blog name and URL using the MckLinky below. Only need to add to one blog linky.
* Follow the Friday Follow hostesses listed in the first 3 slots. We will follow you back.
* Follow as many blogs as you like
* Comment on the blogs telling them you're from Friday Follow
* Follow back when you get a new follower through Friday Follow
 
MckLinky Blog Hop


11 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I always wanted to be a teacher, and no I am not. But I do read with kids at the school on Thurs. so that is my little peek into the school:)

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I'm all for the robot maid! We all need a Rosie in our lives!

I have an award for you here;

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/2010/01/award.html

CMash said...

Pam...I am thinking that was the dreams of many young girls
Beth...Thank you..I couldn't remember the robot's name..shows how long ago I watched and having many senior moments. Am heading over to your house lol

Suzanne said...

Thanks for playing and I look forward to reading more by you!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I wanted to be a writer.... still do! Do some of us ever really grow up? I dont think I have and not sure if I want to. :)

Audrey said...

Here from friday follow! Love your blog :)
Please follow back.
Also grabbing your button.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I always wanted to be a teacher and eventually followed that dream. Although home with my boys right now, I hope to go back to a classroom one day.

Michelle said...

WOW!! You were busy today.
I'm actually doing to of what your doing.

`Friday 56`

`Friday Follow`

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I wanted to be an artist.

CMash said...

Thank you all for commenting....It seems that the majority of us changed our courses from little people to adults. But what matters is that we are happy in what we chose.

XmasDolly said...

Well, that was surely a long one, but due to lack of time I'll pick your Aloha question to answer. I always wanted to be a dancer when I was little & then a little bit later I wanted to sing in a band & be a rock & roll star. Silly girl! Yes, I did do some dancing & yes I did sing in a band & played keys, but only for a little while. Then came the babies and it was time to be a responsible Mom. Now back to work. Type. Type. Type.