Photobucket

January 15, 2010

FRIDAY Photobucket

Photobucket
Hosted by An Island Life http://islandlife808.com
From An Island Life: In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, visit An Island Life answer the question and then post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
My question is:
  When reading reviews on blogs (example book reviews on this blog) do you like short on words but to the point or long, lengthy and detailed?  What is your preference and why?
Photobucket
http://fridayfillins.blogspot.com/
1. The lesson I learned yesterday was people in the medical profession are rude and uncaring, which I am embarrassed by since that was my profession prior to being disabled.
2. Being of Italian descent, the kitchen is where friends and family meet.
3. All these years until recently, I did not know about the fun world of book blogging.
4. Nobody was home when I arrived.
5. The truth is, I have anxiety about flying when we go on vacation.
6. The feelings of loss and heartache, when I was 16, and my dad passed away is what I remember most from that  day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing after getting all the chores done and getting some of my drafts prepared for next week, tomorrow my plans include starting the Mystery Read-A-Thon and Sunday, I want to complete the challenge!

I am looking forward to tomorrow and Sunday for the Mystery Read-A-Thon challenge I signed up for.  Twelve hours of my favorite genre of books and a perfect excuse for not doing any house work !!  Here is the site to join in if you haven't heard about it:   http://mysteryreadathon.blogspot.com

And I have to shout out a REALLY BIG THANK YOU to Karen over at Bookin' With Bingo!!!!!!!!  I entered a giveaway she hosted for James Patterson's 7th Heaven and I received an email last night stating I was one of the winners.....Yippppeeeee!!!!!  This is going to go toward the Books Won From Sites challenge I signed up for.  Thank you again !!!!!!  If you haven't visited her site, you really should, it is a fun and fantastic site.  Here is the link so you can head  on over there:  http://bookinwithbingo.blogspot.com

16 comments:

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

I will have to say I like them long or short, as long as there is personal experience in them...

EX: I like this product because my daughters played with it in the snow for 20 minutes, then brought it inside for a warm bath.

or

EX: This book really spoke to me because I remember my grandmother talking about the Ozarks when I was a child.

Something that personalizes the review

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

You and I sound alot alike...I am unable to work due to a broken bone in my back. Though...I am being kicked off disability due to a change in definition...so something is going to have to change.

As for your question I like reviews to be short and concise and in the reviewers own words.

Jennifer said...

As a book reviewer I post both kinds. Some books require more than others. Oh, a mystery readathon?

Bingo said...

Thank you for your kind words, Cheryl! I have to say I am blown away by your blog. Didn't you tell me just a while back that you didn't know much about this?... and now look what you have done! My goodness! From when I first became a follower to now--a short time really--you have come leaps and bounds into this blogging world! Congrats and so nice to have a new blog buddy around here! Have a good weekend!

AND for your question...I am SO BAD about long reviews! I just am too long winded and know I need to cut back when I write. I think I like a longer review but not too much given away. Sometimes with a short review, I don't get the idea of what the book is about and why the person liked it...just how they felt about it and that doesn't allow me to make my own choice. SEE!!! Even my commments are too long!

Anonymous said...

I like to read short and to the point reviews. I also tend to write short and to the point reviews. I just want to know if it was exciting, boring, too long etc.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CMash said...

Thank you all for your comments and input. Since I am a newbie, I want to post what my followers prefer. I promise I will always post with you in mind.
and
Bingo..thank you so much for your compliment. With the help from you and some other kind experienced bloggers is the reason that this blog what it is today. And you are right..this started out as a "personal diary" and has grown to a level that I hadn't imagined. I still have a lot more to learn but I have bloggy friends that help with inspiration to do better.
Thank you all !!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like short and to the point reviews. However, if it's for a product and there are lots of personalized photos and that makes it longer, I like that too.

Colette S said...

I don't mind. Once it's not just a long ramble it's ok. Some books takes different reviews etc. So I like either.

Serendipity is Sweet said...

I like concise reviews, but they should include important info on how the product works or what are the pros and cons in the opinion of the tester.

CMash said...

Thnak you all for stopping by and answering my Aloha Friday question. All the advice will be takin in and used when I write future reviews.

Jenni said...

I like my reviews short and sweet!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I like to read reviews that are informative. Even if it's a short review, if it has quality information I am more inclined to check out the product. I also love to see the good AND the bad of something.

If you have time, come check out My Aloha Friday. Have a great weekend!

Becca said...

I kind of like them short, but only because I don't want any of the plot spoiled :)

Becca said...

How did you get the list of the books you read in 2010 on your side bar? That's so cool!

Debra @ A Frugal Friend said...

I tend to be a little write a bit more with adult book reviews over on An Island Life (but don't want to give away too much).

Each Friday I review a new children's book on my blog, A Frugal Friend...and sometimes I keep those pretty short and sweet....just the way I'd like them.

Great question!