Photobucket

March 3, 2010

Wednesday

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hosted by Should Be Reading http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
 *What are you currently reading?
     Waking Up In The Land Of Glitter by Kathy Cano-Murillo (from The Hachette Book Group)
 *What did you recently finish reading?
     A Note from an Old Aquaintance A Novel by Bill Walker (5 star rating...Great book !!)
     Starting Over by Andy Serwer (I gave it a 2 star rating)
     Sonnets For Sinners by John Wareham  (Rating 2)
 *What do you think you’ll read next?
     Live To Tell by Wendy Corsi-Staub (Bestseller's World)
     Mother Daze by Christine Carr 

Free Avatars
Talk & Thoughts
Has this happened to you?  How should a situation like this be handled?  Any tips and/or suggestions.
  I was asked, and I accepted to read a "book" for review.  It was stated it was a PDF format so I thought I would be able to d/l to my EReader.  So no problem....wrong.  Contacted the agent if the PDF for EReader could be sent.  Was told that only permission that the agent had was for a d/l to computer.  I personally have a hard time reading a text that big on my computer for certain reasons, like bringing it to appointments, cumbersome in certain positions when reading, etc etc.  Since I accepted this before knowing all this, I am having a "things that make you go hmmmm blogging reviewing etiquette question.  Would it be appropriate to not review and let the agent know or just struggle with it?
     ANY AND ALL COMMENTS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!!!! 

Photobucket
Hosted by Bermudanonion's Weblog http://bermudaonion.wordpress.com/
  My words this week are a bit difference.  My current read, Waking Up In The Land Of Glitter has Spanish and "Spanglish" terms, and the author has kindly provided a glossary of these words.  So this is just a few I have learned, but might need in the future lol.
  cerveza  =  beer                     Champurrado   =  Mexican hot chocolate        
  mi hijo   =  my son                     que Linda     =    how beautiful




5 comments:

RRigdon said...

I'm quoting you in an afternoon post today! Come check it out. :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, your books sound good!

My www is here:

http://weboftyranny.blogspot.com/2010/03/www.html

And as for reading a PDF on the computer...not so much! I had to read my own proofs that way, before publication...couldn't PAY me to read anything else that way! Well, maybe if the price was right! LOL

XmasDolly said...

Yes, I think it is appropriate to tell him that. I mean if you can't you can't, but is it a question of just making the font smaller maybe??? Hi girlfriend. All is well here hope the same is with you.

Aleksandra said...

Great picks! I hope you'll enjoy them all :)
Happy reading :)

Unknown said...

I don't know if I'd be able to read something that long on a computer screen. I would just tell the agent the truth! Tough situation, though. Good luck!