Photobucket

September 23, 2011

Update



Hi Everyone:

Yesterday afternoon at approximately 2:30pm, my Mom lost her battle to kidney failure and I lost my Mom.  Unfortunately it was not the peaceful end that I had prayed for, but both her and I, were surrounded by our cousin, who is a Priest, and Ellen, the Chaplin at the Nursing Home who both prayed over her during her final hours and spoke such comforting words that  made the transition from this world to the next just a bit easier.

The final hour of her life, is a vision that I will never forget but only hope that she knew that I was holding her and trying to offer her as much comfort as I could as she began her journey.  As she took her last breath, even at my age, I had this overwhelming feeling of being lost, of being an orphan.

The next couple of days I have so much to do but am so numb that I don't even know where to start.  Arrangements need to be made today, flights checked so that we can fly my son in from out of state, paperwork, etc, but I just can't seem to organize myself due to feelings of numbness and the visions I have from yesterday, something I don't think I will every forget, even being a former nurse.  My sister, who is handicapped and very religious, is doing so well.  Matter of fact, better than me and I am so very proud of her.

To those that still have your Moms, take time today to spend some time with her, call her, go out to lunch, visit and hug her.  To those that don't, talk to her anyway, I believe our Moms will continue to watch over us.

Rest In Peace Mom, You are already missed and I Love You.




20 comments:

Neil said...

My heart and prayers are with you Cheryl. It's so nice that you were able to be there with her in that final transition.

bermudaonion said...

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I don't care how old you are, it's never easy to lose a parent. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

gautami tripathy said...

My heart goes out for you. I pray for her soul to rest in peace. May you be at peace too.

HUGS.....

Mel u said...

I lose my Mother seven years ago-it still hurts very much-even though we have never met and never will you have my deepest condolences-

Nise' said...

May you be surrounded with love and comfort was you walk through these difficult days. May you be infused with divine help to make the arrangements needed. I am sorry for your loss and know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda Kish said...

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mom last year and remember it well. Take the time you need for yourself. We will still be here when you get back. And, you are right, there is so much work to do. But one thing and one day at a time.

Kathy said...

Cheryl~
I am so sorry to hear about your Mom.
I hope, in later days, you re-read your words... "spoke such comforting words that made the transition from this world to the next just a bit easier." and find peace in them.

Kathy

https://booksthoughtsadventures.com said...

Cheryl...

Again...I am so sad for you...I know that orphan feeling...it hits like a brick...and sends you reeling...
Take care and you are in my thoughts...

https://booksthoughtsadventures.com said...

Cheryl...

Again...I am so sad for you...I know that orphan feeling...it hits like a brick...and sends you reeling...
Take care and you are in my thoughts...

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know your mom is a place where she no longer suffers and that she'll live again. I hope these can be words of comfort for you.

Bingo said...

I know we have "talked" but wanted to also comment here to let you know how much I admire you during this difficult time. I know how hard this has been and just remember that all who know "CMASH" are thinking of you during this difficult time. We are all here for you...Karen

CMash said...

Thank you all for you kind and comforting words. It has meant a so much to me and is greatly appreciated.

XmasDolly said...

Our condolences to you and your family, and please remember I'm always here for you if you'd like to talk or need a shoulder or better yet... hugzzzzzzzz Take care Sweetie & remember chin up & smile! luv ya, me

Bev Hankins said...

Cheryl, I am so sorry. And I am definitely thinking of you and your family at this time. Big Hugs! And lots of love.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I am so sorry Cheryl! I hope the good memories you have of your mother will help you through these very tough days.
You are in my thoughts and prayers, Cheryl.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Our age doesn't change the way we feel about our parents. I lost my mom just a year ago and my heart still hurts. But I can smile a little more each day when I think of her. I was with her at the end too so I understand what you are feeling.

Our love and prayers are with you and your family,
Jules

Gigi Ann said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Patricia said...

Much love to you and your family Cheryl.

Cathy said...

As someone who lost her own mother over 15 years ago... you are in my thoughts and prayers, Cheryl.

Deborah said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.