Photobucket

December 7, 2009

Musing Mondays Photobucket

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about library etiquette…
It amazes me how parents allow their children to run around, laughing and talking loudly. But then so do the parents so I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the parents should be setting an example at an early age. When my boys were small we would be at the library 2-3 times a week. Especially before they started school and our local library had activites for the preschoolers. They knew that we had to use our "library voices" so not to disturb other patrons who were reading and/or studying. It must have made an impression on my boys because while in college, one came home from the library and complained how he couldn't study because of the rudeness of others.

3 comments:

caite said...

I am totally with you on this one. All I know is I would never have got away with stuff like that in public (or at home either..lol) when i was a kid. My mother would give me the death look and that was that!

Nise' said...

When our library renovated they tucked the children area around a corner and it has helped with the noise level.

CMash said...

Caite: I was LOL when reading your comment. My boys (now 26 & 23) still tease me about "THE LOOK" that I gave if they misbehaved in public.

Nise: Same w/our local library but parents still allowed kids too run around. It appeared that some parents felt that the library was "their babysitter"

Thank you both for the comments and stopping by.