To all those Dads out there, I wish you a very Happy Father's Day!!! And for those Dads who have passed, I think I can speak for many since I fall into this category, even though you aren't here to celebrate, we celebrate today with the memories we hold dear in our hearts.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!
Ladies, we are on our own today. Seeing that it is Father's Day, Jeff and Steve (Lori aka Dollycas's Thoughts hubby and mine) have requested today off....Men!! Any excuse not to attend our "gab sessions" lol.
I am quite excited about today's guest. She is a relatively new blogger but it seems like she has been at it for years. I will be very surprised if you haven't seen her around bloggyland, because it appears she does a lot of visiting. I can't wait to get to know her better, I hope you do too. Today's guest is MARY ANN from TRIBUTE BOOKS MAMA
*When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in October 2010 in order to help my daughter promote her business, Tribute Books (http://www.tribute-books.com).
*How and what made you decide on the name of your blog?
Answered in question 1
*What would you say is the main content of your blog?
The main content of my blog is reviews of books, movies and tv shows.
*If books, what genres do you mostly read?
Historical fiction, paranormal & young adult
*How often do you post?
I post everyday.
*What are some of the things that you love about blogging?
Being in touch with other bloggers.
*What are some of the negatives?
Having a lot of people enter my book giveaways - I'd like to have more than 4 or 5 people enter them on a regular basis.
*Name 1-3 favorite items/postings that you have/do on your blog?
(1) My book review of Laney: The Brookhaven Vampires
(2) My movie review of The King's Speech
(3) My tv show review of Dexter
*Any advice you would give to new bloggers?
Keep doing it as often as you can. Stick with it!
*What draws you to follow someone's blog?
Quality content and frequent updates. GIveaways are a plus too.
*Do you have any "pet peeves" that other bloggers do?
Leaving a copy/paste repetitive comment during a blog hop. I'm guilty of it too from time to time.
*Would you please share 5-7 things about the person behind the screen so that we get to know the "real" you!!
1. My favorite book is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I gave my childhood copy from the 1950s to my daughter when she was a girl.
2. No movie made me laugh harder in a public theater than Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson in Anger Management.
3. My favorite Broadway play of all-time is Les Miserables. I saw it in 1996 with fourth row orchestra seats with Ricky Martin as Marius.
4. I am a Vera Bradley fanatic. I must have close to 10 purses in the Betsy style.
5. I like to watch QVC although it gets my credit card in trouble. Lisa Robertson is my favorite host.
6. I like Philosophy skin care/bath products. Cinnamon Buns 3-in-1 shower creme is the best.
7. I am thankful I was able to buy myself a new car this year - a white 2010 Chevy Cobalt.
Thank you Mary Ann for being my guest today and sharing a little bit of yourself with all of us. As all of you can see she is a very proud and dedicated Mother in assisting her daughter, Nicole, with her business. And as passionate as she is about books, she is with movies and TV. I am not a big TV watcher, but at times may turn into American Idol or shows of that nature. If I miss a show, I know where to get the scoop!!! Passing her copy of Little Women to her daughter!!! That surely makes her a Shining Star!!!! Congratulations and Good Luck with your new car!!!!!