Photobucket

December 8, 2011

Booking Through Thursday



Today's question:
All things being equal, which would you prefer–a mystery? Or a love story?
My response:
I didn't even need a cup of coffee to think about this answer, well maybe a few sips.  If you follow me, then you know it's hands down, a mystery.  But I won't pass up a romantic suspense if that counts.

I was thinking somewhere along these lines the other day.  I have always been drawn to books with suspense.  Next would be chick lit.  But why?  I am usually wrong about the whodunit and/or surprised about the ending.  So why am I drawn to these type of books.  Is it the fast pace? The can't put down, need to read another page type of read?

I have signed up for a couple, few, ok, many challenges for 2012.  And was thinking maybe I should do a little personal challenge and that is to step a little outside of my comfort reading zone and try to read a few books that fall under different categories.  Any recommendations and/or suggestions of a 5 star from a different genre?  Would love to hear your suggestions, plus, lol it would go towards one of my challenges lol.    Seriously, I feel I need to broaden my reading genres.  Thanks for the help!!!



10 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I enjoy the cozy mysteries, as you already know. I have just read two memoirs, and I l am half way through the third one "Repairing Rainbows" right now, which I won from one of your book give-aways and I am finding it quite interesting.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I joined a cozy mystery challenge for the New Year...it's a mystery, but with that something extra. Maybe you already read these.

Here's MY THURSDAY THEMES POST and
MY WEBSITE

Marce said...

Of course you know its Mystery for me :-) I don't think many authors pull off the romantic suspense very well.

Cheryl you must read Fifty Shades of Grey. You get all the genres mixed into one but it is sold as erotica. I think you will LOVE it. That is the out of norm one.

Anonymous said...

I prefer mysteries.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/booking-through-thursday_08.html

bermudaonion said...

I'm with you!

https://booksthoughtsadventures.com said...

Hands down...or up? Mysteries...I love them...English, cozy, Nancy Drew...thriller, scary, creepy...love them all!!!

Bev Hankins said...

Are you sure you want me to suggest a five star book out of your comfort zone? You know I'm apt to pick a classic for you. Lol.

Bev Hankins said...

Seriously though. A five-star book you ought to read: The End of the Alphabet by C. S. Richardson

James Garcia Jr said...

Hi, CMash.
Being a horror writer, I obviously read a lot of horror. I don't have to read horror exclusively, I just need the story to be thrilling. I would lean toward thrillers, perhaps. For me, I don't need to be able to anticipate the killer. I just love the ride.

-Jimmy

Kaye said...

Mysteries would be my first choice too. Like you I am trying to expand my reading. If you haven't read anything by Sarah Addison Allen, I would suggest the Peach Keeper or The Sugar Queen. Her stories have a little bit of magic realism to them that I find so compelling.