Photobucket

December 12, 2011

Monday Memes


Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading
This week's question:
This week’s musing [borrowed from an old BTT post] asks…
I once knew a man who read about WWII. He read everything he could get his hands on on the subject. He had a whole wall of books that were all about WWII. It amazed me. How could he continue to find one subject that engrossing? My mother, on the other hand, loves to read best sellers. I’ve known other people who read science fiction to the exclusion of everything else; for others it was philosophy, self-help, or history.
So, to the questions…
What kind of books do you like to read?
Why? Provide specific examples.

My answer:
I gravitate toward the suspenseful, mystery type novels first and foremost.  And to be honest, I'm not sure why.  It could be that I like the fast paced, action like, trying to figure out whodunit that has me keep turning the pages.  Authors like Zandri, Patterson, Lisa Jackson, Wendy Corsi Staub, Chevy Stevens.  But then on the other hand I also enjoy reading books that fall in the "chick lit" category for the dynamics of relationships between the characters from authors Diane Chamberlain, Kristin Hannah,. 


December is being hosted by Lady Q from Let Them Read Books 
Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia of A girl and her books and is now on tour.


According to Marcia, “Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.”
                                    The Story Plant              Meryl L. Moss Media 




Won from Booking With Bingo








7 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

OOH you have the Steve Jobs book! Enjoy!

Gigi Ann said...

I like a variety of book genres, but to narrow it down to a favorite genre, I guess I would have to say cozy mysteries. I like trying to guess who dun-it.

You like two of my favorite authors, and I also love Barbara Delinsky's books, not her earlier books, but the ones of recent years.

caite said...

I like mysteries as well...and sort of on the other end from the cozies...although they make a nice break.
And I can think of two reason why, which I discuss in my post..

Anonymous said...

New follower :D Here is my MM

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

The Steve Jobs book should be very interesting. The Legacy of Eden looks tempting as well! Enjoy them all!

danicapage said...

Mystery does seem to be really popular.

I also like mystery/suspense novels.

http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2011/12/musing-mondays-8.html

Vicki said...

Love the cover of The Legacy of Eden!

I know what the Jobs book is about, but I'll have to look the other two up!