Photobucket

December 22, 2011

Booking Through Thursday


Today's question:
Any books you’re hoping to get for the holidays this year?
How about giving? Are you giving any good ones?

My answer:
My family knows my addiction to books, however, they have also seen my tbr bookcase.  So I am sure that I will not be getting one specific book.  I assume that they will do and say what they do for the past couple of years and that is "you have so many books, I have no clue which ones you have already one so I got you an Amazon GC instead".  Which, is fine by me.  Because they are right.  I do have too many books already waiting tbr (a 5 shelf bookcase full of just tbr books).  And this way I can either save the GC(s) for something big to purchase like the Kindle Fire (I need to do some more research on that) or purchase books that I really NEED and HAVE to read during the year, or book accessories that I want.

As far as giving books this year...YAY!!  YES!!!  I am.  Haven't done that in years.  My years of reading to my "boys" when they were small as finally paid off.  Once they hit HS, they stopped reading for pleasure.  Never picking up a book.  I wondered where did I go wrong?  I read to them from when they were young, went to "library school" as toddlers,  whenever we went to the mall, we always stopped in a book store and they were allowed to pick out 1-2 books each to add to their personal book library and took weekly walks to the library.  Now that they are men, on their own, working (as I tell them) in their "big boy jobs", they have taken up reading again. So this will be the first Christmas in many years that I have bought them each a book.  Unfortunately, I can't tell you which ones, in case they are reading this post, but I was so excited that it was the 1st Christmas presents I purchased.

What about you?  What are you hoping Santa brings in the form of books?  Are books on your list for those that have been good?







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Books make good gifts, I hope to be giving a few to the kids in my family.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/booking-through-thursday_22.html

bermudaonion said...

Yeah, there is no way my family could pick out a book for me either, unless I requested a specific title.

Melissa Wiebe said...

Honestly I am not anticipating any books from my family, unless its an e-reader I asked for.

Here is my BTT.