Photobucket

December 5, 2011

While I was away......

.............I had to pass the time.  And with just a few weeks left, I figured I might as well take advantage of all the free time that I had in between reading and writing some reviews.  And the best part was it didn't cost me a penny!!!!!

I found myself 3 more challenges!!!!!!  What can I say?  Except I realized I have one more addiction!!  Not only to reading, reading challenges, reading challenge buttons but also to blogging.  I was lost this weekend without my blog so I joined some more challenges.  The only problem I see is this, there are a couple of others that I am waiting for lol.  But here are the ones I added:





Challenge Details

• Timeline: 01 Jan 2012 - 31 Dec 2012

• Rules: To read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2011 (12 is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)

• You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.

• You can join at anytime. All books read in 2012 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.

• At the beginning of Jan 2012, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews.

• Audiobooks do not count, but all other formats are accepted.

• At the beginning of Jan 2012, you will find a link to add your reviews.

• You don't have to have a blog to join in - for those without a blog just FILL IN THIS FORM and I will add you to the list - just join the discussion in the comments section to let us know when you've read a book and what you thought of it! :)

• You can choose from the numerous sub-genres of mystery and suspense, from cosy mysteries such as Agatha Christie to the more hard-boiled kind like V I Warshawski by Sara Paretsky, or romantic suspense written by the likes of Linda Howard, forensic crime such as those written by Kathy Reichs and even paranormal/supernatural suspense such as Kelley Armstrong. I'm sure this challenge will have something for everyone! :)

Free Reads 2012 Reading Challenge


HOSTED BY BOOKISH ARDOUR   http://bookishardour.com/free-reads/
January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012
Free Reads is a new challenge we’re starting this year and we hope it does as well as our other ones.
What It’s All About
Are you one of those book lovers who receive lots of books for presents? Have unread books lying around that you won in giveaways, received as ARCs, were given second hand, or even found lying around in the street! Then you might want to join in this challenge because we’re aiming to read all those unread books received as freebies in some form.
The Deets
  • The Main Rule: Read books you’ve received without purchasing, gifts, ARCs, prizes (not library books), that you haven’t read yet.
  • Running Dates: 1st of January – 31st of December 2012
  • When Can I Sign Up: All the way up to the last two weeks of December!
  • Crossover Genres: Anything! As long as they were free when you got them, it doesn’t matter..
  • Mr Linky: To use the Mr Linky you’ll need to click on the graphic then enter your link. These will be updated and posted into this page every couple of weeks or so.
  • Further Details: Crossover challenges are fine, you can change levels at any time, this is eBook, short story, and graphic novel friendly, and you don’t need a blog to join in (read further for details).
The How To
  1. Choose Your Level: These are listed further down and you can change levels at any time.
  2. Grab The Badge: Place it somewhere on your blog, profile, or in a signature where possible and link back (main page or this page, it’s up to you).
  3. Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (only if allowed) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
  4. Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link!
  5. Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment!
Afterwards
  1. Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review we’d love for you to share them by submitting them on the Review Page (including social networks).
  2. Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the Completion Post page!
Challenge Levels
  1. For Me? – Choose 5 books to read
  2. On The Cheap – Choose 15 books to read
  3. Bargain – Choose 30 books to read
  4. Presents – Choose 50 books to read
  5. So Free – Choose 75 books to read
  6. Gift Addict – Choose between 76-135 books to read
  7. Speechless – Choose between 136-200 books to read
Extra Challenges
If you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s a couple you can choose from.
  • World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
    • Level For Me? and On The Cheap: Choose one country
    • Level Bargain and Presents: Choose two countries
    • Level So Free to end of Gift Addict: Choose three countries
    • Level Speechless: Choose four countries.
  • Gender Battle: Read books only by female or male authors. Another alternative is to read equal amounts of both.

I have signed up for this one for the past 2 years and someday, some year my goal is to complete it!!!!

Sign-Up: 100+ Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012! 

http://www.bookchickcity.com/2011/12/sign-up-100-books-in-year-reading.html
Book Chick City's
100+ Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012!

Welcome to the 100+ Books In A Year Challenge 2012! I haven't done too badly with this challenge, but I still failed. At present I'm on book 72 and I imagine I will add another few before the year is out. This is the second year I haven't reached my personal goal of 100, so I'm hoping 2012 will be my year! I hope you will join in too! For more details see below.

Sign Up

To sign up you MUST make a post on your blog about participating in the challenge - you then use the DIRECT URL of the post to sign up to the challenge by adding it to Mr Linky below. DO NOT just add your blog URL - this will be deleted.

You must add the button to your sidebar - make sure that it links back to this post so others can join the challenge if they wish. Easiest way to do this is to copy and paste the code displayed below!

Challenge Details

• Timeline: 01 Jan 2012 - 31 Dec 2012

• Rules: Read 100+ books in 2012 (any genre)
• You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.

• You can join at anytime. All books read in 2012 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.

• At the beginning of Jan 2012, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews.

• Audiobooks do not count, but all other formats are accepted.

• Only fiction, no non-fiction.

• This challenge can crossover to other challenges.

• You don't have to have a blog to join in - for those without a blog just FILL IN THIS FORM and I will add you to the list - just join the discussion in the comments section to let us know when you've read a book and what you thought of it! :)
Please add your DIRECT URL link, not just your blog link. If you have trouble adding your URL link below, just fill out the form above and I will add it for you.

So to date, I have 16 and 2 perpetuals.  Have you decided are any more?  Have you found any new ones?  Now that I lost my google reader, I'm afraid I might miss some, so if you see one in your travels and it has a great button, please let me know lol.  




4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You crack me up! Have fun!

Marce said...

You are seriously ridiculous, lol, in the most lovely way of course..

I'm going to join the Free one, sounds good.

Yvonne said...

I've gone reading challenge crazy! I joined 12 and I'm hosting 2, so that's a total of 14. I'm not finished yet either! Everyday I find new ones popping up. But...I'm having fun :)

Bingo said...

I am dizzy just thinking about all these challenges. Of course, you have to have spreadsheets to keep it straight. Congrats on it and hope you enjoy each and every one of them!