Photobucket

May 27, 2011

Friday Memes

FRIDAY

Photobucket
Hosted by An Island Life From An Island Life:
  In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
  If you’d like to participate, visit An Island Life answer the question and then post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!



MY QUESTION:
Profession, career, job?
MY ANSWER:
Presently medically disabled, retired RN
Was fortunate to be a SAHM when my boys were young.



Book Blogger Hop
Hosted by Jennifer from CRAZY FOR BOOKS
 In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!
Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.


Today's question:
"What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?"

My answer:
Sad to say I am not a movie type person.  I can't even honestly say the last time I watched a movie.  I would rather create the visualizations or "movie" in my mind as I read the book.  However, over this past year of reviewing and blogging, there are some books that I have read that if a movie was to be made, I would be curious and might just watch it..





9 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

I was in a career before Princess Nagger showed up 8 years ago...then I left the Corporate World to be a SAHM - and started my own business to keep busy (and have extra pocket change.) ;)

"Roughing It": Camping or Motel?

Unknown said...

I am a teacher's aide for students with special needs.

I am Harriet said...

I was an RN too. Now I am able to work from home.

Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/05/hot-dog-or-hamburgers/

Jenni Elyse said...

That's so cool that you don't watch very many movies. I feel like Movies overrun my life sometimes. I want to read, but then some TV show or movie comes on TV and I just sit there half-way enjoying myself when I could be enjoying myself fully while reading.

Deni said...

I am a SAHM right now, though that's all changing in a bit..I want to work with kids that's all I know

Colette S said...

I don't have a career right now. I used to work before marriage as a registrar.

Now I'm a SAHM.

My fave..one of. book to movie is The Notebook.

Happy weekend!

XmasDolly said...

Would you like the whole story? 16 - Cashier at Community & then a waitress. Went to Beauty School then a Beautician. After a Mom, then waitress, cocktail waitress, and bartender. Then went back to school Legal secretary/paralegal. Now disabled/transcriptionist. Wife, Mother & NaNee! Most of all BLOGGER! WOO HOO! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

TheBookGirl said...

My favorite movie adaptation is To Kill a Mockingbird, and I also liked the Narnia movie.

Sorry to hear that your medical issues prevented you from going to BEA -- here's hoping that next year you will be up to going :)

Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books) said...

Interesting that you don't watch movies much. I've gotten to the point where I don't watch a lot of tv, but I still like movies. I haven't seen one in the theater in a long time, but I do like to enjoy them at home.

I've been by before, but I'm glad to have re-discovered you through the Hop!