Photobucket

May 5, 2011

Thursday Memes

THURSDAY




Hi everyone!!!!  I'm back from vacation and missed each and everyone of you.  We had a WONDERFUL time and both hubby and I wished we had planned a longer stay because the week flew by.  I have so much to tell you.  We took some beautiful pictures of the island and will share them in a couple of days.  We got in very early this morning so today's plans are to get settled, unpack, laundry, catch up on both email and snail mail and another huge task, especially for me.

As you all know, I am computer challenged, and I mentioned that my very special hubby was dropping my laptop off the day before leaving for vacation to the Geek Squad to do an overhaul........well......they ran a diagnostic test when he was there and the news was not good.  I had fried it!!!!  So.....he purchased a new one for me and supposedly the Geek Squad was going to transfer all my files to the new laptop and Steve will be picking it up today......so I will be spending quite a bit of time trying to figure out the new one.

As for Aruba...paradise.   The weather gorgeous..between 88-92 every day.  I am multi colored between burnt,  burn on burn, tanned.   Loved those frozen pina coladas and frozen banana daiquiris!!!  Met 2 fun couples on the beach and hung out with them every day, matter of fact, we are all going to try and plan to go back the same week next year.  One night we took a sunset 2 hour sunset cruise, which Steve was able to take some absolutely beautiful pictures and video of the sun setting.  And for the big question..........NO...I was unable to convert Steve into a reader.  He never even took the Kindle out of the luggage.  I did get some reading in...read  1 and 3/4 books, but we were having so much fun, my plans for beach, reading and frozen drinks changed after the 2nd day there.  By Saturday it was beach, frozen banana daiquiris, a little bit of reading   lol.

Will share more in the coming days, including pictures but for now, am going to start catching up.  
Have one favor to ask, would love to hear what you have been doing this past week.  What you have read?  What you have been doing?  Any news with you that I may have missed?  Anything that you would like to share with me to bring me up to speed? Would love to hear...being away for a week I feel like I missed so much.


This is a palapa, which everyday at 4pm, guests at the Radisson, where we stayed, would reserve one for the next day.  It is a necessity being so close to the equator and the sun so strong that after 15 minutes or so in the sun, you have to put your lounge chair under it for shade,



7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! I don't think I'd read if I was in paradise either. I went to visit my mom and to see my dad's marker at the cemetery while you were gone, so I've been out of the loop too.

Nise' said...

So beautiful! I am so glad you had a wonderful time. Aruba is on my want to visit list! I've been reading up a storm lately. It has been cool and windy here perfect for reading!

Bev Hankins said...

Welcome back! So glad you had a good time. I've been reading like crazy while doing the recovery thing. Today's the first day that I really feel like I can say that I feel like I'm recovering (probably shouldn't have said that...don't want to jinx myself).

Looking forward to your pictures!

Introducing Mr. Cool said...

Well, hi there! I'm your latest follower. Nice to meet you finally. I've heard a lot about you and what a nice person you are from a mutual friend, Dolly of XmasDolly. She said you had a beautiful blog, and to make sure I stopped by to say hello, so HELLO! Have a great time, and hope you had fun on your vacation.

Marce said...

Yaaaay for an amazing vacation, I look forward to your pictures. And a new computer Swwwwweet.

I think I missed that you had a Kindle. I can loan you books, send me an email.

Rebecca said...

Omigosh, that looks beautiful!!! I would love to see more pictures!! My hubby and I went to Jamaica last summer and it was paradise too. So glad you had a good time. Also, I just noticed, congrats on exactly 600 followers!

Julie P said...

I am so glad you had a good time--you will have to call me, Sweetie!