Photobucket

May 7, 2011

Saturday Memes

SATURDAY


Photobucket
Hosted by Danielle at There's A Book
From Danielle's blog:
We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here. I created this weekly meme to get to know the blogging community I love just a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. Each week I will post a question to be answered in the following week’s “A Bit of Me(Me)”. Check back each Saturday to get the info for next week’s post and link up with your current post right here.

This week's question:  What is your favorite thing about yourself?
  Ohhhhh noooo.......Danielle is back to her "favorite" as in "just one" questions again lol.  And since I am not a "just one" answer type of person, I hope she doesn't mind that I am going to bend the rules a little.

  I have been told, and also believe, that I have 3 positive traits. 

  I feel that I am a good listener and have always offered a shoulder for family and friends when it is needed.  I also believe by being a good listener is another form of education.  I have gained knowledge on aspects of life that I did not know about by listening to people talking about themselves, their lives, jobs, religion, beliefs, opinions, lifestyles, cultures, etc. etc.
  And along with being a good listener, I believe being compassionate, goes hand in hand.  This may have come from my training to become a nurse or just growing up and having a sister with cerebral palsy.
  Another trait I have is that I am loyal.  When someone confides in me and asks and/or tells me not to say anything, I don't.  To give an example, just recently someone told me something, which her mother had told me the same thing over 30 years ago but asked me not to say anything unless her daughter mentioned it.  When I told her I already knew, she couldn't believe that I had never said anything and had kept my promise to her mother for all those years.

What about you?  What is your favorite thing about yourself?


4 comments:

Julie P said...

Hi Sweetie! Are you still suffering vacation withdrawals! LOL

And I agree with the good things you listed about yourself--you are definitely loyal and a good listener....

Marce said...

I love your long answer. Before I read your answer, Listening was my answer also which I think helps me be successful in my career, i'm an Employee Relations Manager at a Hospital.

I think I am known as the friend, colleague, sister etc that is always smiling.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I use to be known as the listener then I got sick and I was the one who needed someone to listen to me.

It is a great thing to be though ;-)

The1stdaughter said...

Oh yay! For some reason I couldn't get to your blog over the weekend...so weird!

I love that you picked three traits and three really great ones too! I've always been one people turn to when they need someone to talk to. At times I really enjoy it, but other times it's nice to be able to chat with others about what's going on in your life. Still, very good choices and traits to have! Thank you so much for sharing them! :o)