Photobucket

May 9, 2011

Monday Memes

MONDAY

Photobucket

Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading 
This week's question:
Do you ever find scenes from previous books you’ve read popping into your head at random times? If so, does it bother you? If it doesn’t happen to you, why do you think that is?

My answer:
Yes.  But I can't say it bothers me, it just justifies that the 5/5 rating I gave it was accurate. When a book stays with me long after I finish the last page and something in real life triggers a scene that either I created in my mind or reminds me of a particular book, to me means it was a phenomenal read.  Two come to mind right away.  Whenever I see the commercial for, I think it it is, the Marriot Hotel where a man is spinning plates on sticks, Spinning by Michael Baron instantly comes to mind.  And now whenever I hear anything about Nantucket, I think of Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer.  If an author has that ability, that's an author that try to read every book he/she writes.


Photobucket
May is being hosted by Mari from Mari Reads
Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia of A girl and her books and is now on tour.
According to Marcia, “Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.”
                                           For Giveaway                             Won
                       The Hachette Book Group     from Booking With Bingo

                                           For Giveaway                    For Review ARC
                                      from Doubleday                       from LT



10 comments:

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have Save Me on my wish list but have seen mixed reviews for it. I am curious to see what you think of it. Enjoy all your new reads!

Unknown said...

I agree, if a book stays with me, then it's a job well done.

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/musing-mondays_09.html

Jules said...

Great selection, I haven't read a Lisa Gardner book in a while! Enjoy.

caite said...

I often have locations, setting as described in a book, pop into my head. I am just surprised that from reading other responses, it seems to happen to some other too.

Anonymous said...

Great mailbox, have fun reading.

bermudaonion said...

Love You More looks very intense! I hope you love your books.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I am intrigued with Save Me. I have never read anything by her but I have seen this around.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Save Me has been on a lot of mailbox lists this week. Hope you enjoy it!

Nise' said...

I read Love You More last week, it was entertaining, not the best D.D. Warren, but I do look forward to what happens next. You will find out what I mean when you read it!

Julie P said...

Hi Ms. Cheryl! I have missed you! I have been really horrible about reading and blogging lately. Nice mailbox this week. Hope you had a wonderful day....