Photobucket

June 24, 2010

Booking Thru Thursday

THURSDAY

Today one of our fellow, or should I say gal. blogger is celebrating a milestone.  Julie over at Reading Without Restraint today turns the Big 40!!!!  So if you get a chance, stop by and wish her a Happy Birthday.  She is another nice book blogger, but then all book bloggers are the nicest people.  And she has a great site !!!!
Photobucket
Today's Question:
Do you read book reviews? Do you let them change your mind about reading/not reading a particular book?
My Answer:
Yes...Absolutely!! I read the reviews of books that look interesting to me, the genres I like, and authors that I enjoy.  I have been surprised at times when a blogger, who appears to have the same likes as me, will write a soso of an author I like.  Prior to blogging, I would have put that on my tbr list no matter what.  But today, books go on my tbr depending on the reviews.  Only drawback I have found with reading reviews, is that my tbr list is now what I call my "tbr bucket list".  At my age, and with the list I have going, I know that there is no way I will read all those books.  :(


11 comments:

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

My TBR is HUGE too.

Here's my Booking Through Thursday!

Yvonne said...

I'll read reviews, but mainly to read what it's about.

Gigi Ann said...

I agree with you, when I read a review, sometimes I think I just have to add that book to my tbr. It is getting longer and longer.

bermudaonion said...

I love reviews! I'm with you on that bucket list - my wish list is a mile long.

Nise' said...

I can be easily influenced by rave reviews. I like to read how people react to the same book.

Jess said...

My TBR list is a mile long thanks to all the great reviews that my fellow bloggers write! =)

Mama Librarian said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a huge TBR. I own hundreds of books I've not yet read. =( http://mamalibrarian.blogspot.com/2010/06/booking-through-thursday-reviewed.html

Alayne said...

Haha TBR Bucket List - I love it! My BTT is at The Crowded Leaf.

Paula Calvanico said...

I think a common thread for us all is a tbr the size of Texas!

Ya know what, I don't really read reviews in the formal sense, say the L.A. or N.Y. Times or any periodical that has book reviews. Most of what I read is through what I've heard from other readers. So in that regard it would be a yes, but if I've heard something I want to read stunk for someone I don't let it stop me, I can be pigheaded and I'll get the book and see for myself. I also won't finish a book if it turns out to be a stinker.

Paula
Tomes Devotee

Jennie said...

My TBR shelf is huge...I have decided that I will just never get them all done!

Marce said...

haha I agree, before blogging I was in control of my TBR list, now, never.

Here is mine.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/06/booking.html