Photobucket

June 28, 2010

Musing Mondays (1 of 3)

MONDAY


Photobucket
Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading 
Today's Question:
  What do you think of books that receive a lot of hype? (think of the “Twilight” saga, or “Harry Potter”, or “The Da Vinci Code”). Do you read them? Why, or why not?
My Answer:
  It would depend on what type of book it is and/or who the author is.  If it is a book that I have no interest in the storyline, no matter how much hype, I wouldn't have to think twice about not picking it up. 


4 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I totally agree with you.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I agree! I know what I like and no amount of publicity will sway me when it's a book that would not appeal to me. Like the Twilight books...

Here's my musing:

http://meditationsbylaurelrain.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/monday-musings/

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I don't really go by what is getting a lot of hype but I will research them more to see if they are something I want to read. I am not to much of a main stream fiction gal, so often the hyped books are not geared towards me :)

~Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog

Julie P said...

My TBR list is so long that I don't usually get to the hyped books until long after the hype has died down!