Photobucket

June 20, 2010

Slapdash Sunday (2 of 3)

Photobucket
Hosted by Kayla at The Eclectic Element
Slapdash Sunday is a day for your proverbial week 'leftovers.' Is there something you wanted to say, but just forgot? Is there something you want to write about, but isn't worth a whole page? Do you have a random thought, funny or otherwise that needs to be written down?
That is what Slapdash Sunday is for!
  Today I would like to open a topic up for discussion.  I wasn't around for BBAW and really don't know a lot about it.  I recently have seen it in my google reader so I went to investigate.  I read a bit about it, think the categories are great, and would even consider this blog in the "new blog category, however, I am having ambivalent thoughts on and about it.   I would think it was like when another blogger presents you with an award.  That is an honor to think a peer thinks your blog is special.  So isn't the BBAW like the grandest of all awards.  To nominate yourself doesn't quite seem right to me.  Does it then become a popularity contest?  So today I would like to hear your views.  What do you think about the BBAW?  Were you a participant last year?  Did other bloggers nominate you or did you put your blog up for the award?  Are you nominating yourself for this year's award?  What are your thoughts and feelings on this topic?
 Let's have a SlapdashPhotobucket !!!!!

1 comments:

bermudaonion said...

BBAW is a great way to celebrate book blogs and discover new bloggers. For me, the awards are just a small part of the whole week, and personally, I think they're the least important part too.