Photobucket

August 26, 2011

Friday Memes



Photobucket

Hosted by An Island Life
From An Island Life:
In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, visit An Island Life answer the question and then post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!



MY QUESTION:
Be honest....Do you text while driving?
MY ANSWER:
No.



Book Blogger Hop

Hosted by Jennifer from CRAZY FOR BOOKS
In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!
Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
This week's question:
“Non-book-related this week!! Do you have pets?”
My Answer:
This is the first time in my life that I have been pet-less.  At this stage in our life we have decided that now that we are empty nesters, no more pets.  We can come and go as we please, go on vacations and not worry about boarding and because of the last dog who shared our house, I think we will continue to be pet-less.  My son decided that he wanted a dog..."his dog" while he was still living here except he forgot that he was a full time college student and also working a full time job and decided to choose a high energy breed who tends to have separation anxiety and becomes spiteful when that happens.  Bronx (named because my son is a HUGE NY Yankees fan) is an absolutely beautiful Weimaraner but we had a mutual dislike for each other.  I laugh now that Paul has moved out,bought his 1st house and listen to all that Bronx has been up to.  WTG Bronx!!!





14 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Do I text while driving? No, I have trouble in my easy chair trying to hit those little buttons..

Do I have pets? Yes, a Toy Poodle, Joey. He is 11 years old. And a Cat, Miss Molly, she is also somewhere in the 11 years old area.

Madigan Mirza said...

I love your blog design! So pretty!

I'm not much of a dog person... I much prefer cats, although I'm allergic to both, so I have fish.

Do I text while driving? No way! I do check my iPhone for directions though.

Menopausal New Mom said...

I don't text at all but while driving would be an absolute No either way.

I don't have any pets at this time but I have very fond memories of the dog I had while growing up and the other I had for 15 years after I started work.

Andra Lyn said...

not going to lie...occasionally I text when driving :/ but not a lot! Happy Friday!

I'm a new follower! check me out if you wanna!
http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-memes.html

Carol said...

I will not text or answer phone whilst driving. One of my pet peeves.

We don't have any pets as both the boys are asthmatic. :(

Have a great weekend, Cheryl.

carol x

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Fun questions. I will text at a stop light.

Here is my answer to this week Follow Friday

MMAR said...

I have in the past however after watching a show on it a couple years ago... I don't anymore plus I have to think about my little monkey!!!

Anonymous said...

No texting in our house! You have such a pretty blog design.

bermudaonion said...

I can't text and drive - I need two hands to text.

We have a dog who's almost 16 and probably won't get another pet for a while. We love dogs, but they sure do tie you down.

Anonymous said...

Just blogging by, happy Friday.

Colette S said...

No.
I can't even talk on the phone while driving. I feel too distracted so I don't.

Aloha!

XmasDolly said...

Nope. I don't text at all! Don't have that feature on my phone because I don't know how & don't want to know how! If I want someone to know something I'll call or email them. Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by.

Jenni Elyse said...

I think it would be hard to not have any pets. I've always had one. But, I understand where you're coming from. My husband and I don't have any kids, so our cats are our children, if you will. I could never imagine them not being a part of our family.

Tammy said...

Absolutely not! I want to set a good example for my kids.