Photobucket

August 22, 2011

Monday Memes


Photobucket

Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading
Today's question:
Do you prefer character-driven stories, or plot-driven stories?
My Answer:
I would say both, however, the characters have to be life like and believable first and foremost no matter what the plot is.  Especially if it is a story line of relationship dynamics.  But then if a book does have the elements of characters that one can relate to, but the plot  goes nowhere, what good are these life like characters.  I have read a couple of these books recently and even though I understood what the author was trying to convey with their characters, the books' plot was flat and I struggled through them.  So I think they have to be of equal proportion. 

What about you?  What do you think?  Characters or plots?


Photobucket
August is being hosted by Staci from Life in the Thumb
Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia of A girl and her books and is now on tour.

According to Marcia, “Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.”
                    WOW                           Planned TV Arts                     Kaye Publicity







16 comments:

caite said...

totally agree with you on this one. I want them both! ;-)

Nise' said...

I got the Diana Palmer book last week as well! Murder Most Persuasive looks good.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The books look awesome! have a great day Cheryl!

bermudaonion said...

I want good characters and a good plot too. Enjoy your new books!

Gigi Ann said...

I want both, good story-plot and good characters.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have some intriguing books this week! Hope you enjoy them all.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Kaye said...

Wicked Good - now there's a New England description I haven't heard in years. No one down here says "wicked" anything. I kinda miss it!
Have a wonderful week, Cheryl, and enjoy your new books.

Lori said...

I think both are important to a story. Check out my full answer for this weeks musing Here.

Anya Millar said...

Agreed! Thanks for the visit Cheryl. :)

House Millar - Musing Mondays

Aine

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! your reads this week.

Marce said...

Both is the perfect choice. With the genre I love thriller/mystery I prefer plot. When the character(s) are memorable that is a bonus.

I find when I read other genres character is more important to me.

TheBookGirl said...

It really depends on what kind of reading mood I'm in...If I want something quick and easy, then plot all the way, but if I am up for something deeper, then i like a good character study.

Enjoy all your new books :)

Staci said...

Loving the titles of your books this week. Enjoy them!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope we both enjoy Merciless :-)

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Your mailbox books are new to me but sound interesting. I hope you enjoy them all.

Crystal @ I Totally Paused! said...

Looks like a great week lined up, hope you enjoy it!