Photobucket

August 8, 2011

Monday Memes


Photobucket

Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading 
Today's question:
If you were (are) going on vacation, what books would you take with you?
My answer:
Oh so many to choose from...a full book shelf of tbr books to pick from.  However, I would take both my Kindle and Sony EReaders for packing purposes and read the tbr ones waiting there.  I have, of course, a Vincent Zandri book, 2 Melissa Foster books, a Mary Tabor book and so many more.

This past April/May, my husband and I, just the two of us, took a well needed and deserved vacation to our favorite destination, Aruba, and our plans were for "a relaxing, do nothing vacation".   I packed quite a few books, having all intentions to lie on the beach everyday reading (I had warned my husband of my plans since he is not a reader).  I packed print books, along with my 2 EReaders figuring  I would finish a few books.  Much to my surprise, I only finished 2 books.  We had such a good time, even though I did get some reading in while on the beach, Steve (hubby) and I talked a lot plus we met some fun people who had palapas (huts) next to ours for the week, that we "hung out with them" during our stay.  So know I now for when we go back, to have the  EReaders loaded and ready to go.



Photobucket
August is being hosted by Staci from Life in the Thumb
Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia of A girl and her books and is now on tour.
According to Marcia, “Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.”

 PARTNERS IN CRIME TOURS
DOUBLE NOVELETTE (174 PAGES)
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER TOUR
REVIEWERS NEEDED
Reviewers can sign up at http://www.partnersincrimetours.net/



                                                   DOUBLEDAY                                       AUTHOR



10 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I'm a light packer when I go vacationing. Light beer, light clothes, and I'm light on books, also.

caite said...

Two e-readers? that seems a little excessive. lol

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have been curious about The Night Circus. I'll have to keep an eye out for your thoughts on it.

Carol said...

Hope you enjoy Carol's Mini Skirts... book.
I follow her blog and she is a very funny writer.

Have a good week Cheryl.

carol

Marce said...

The NIght Circus was every where and then went quiet, look forward to your thoughts on that one.

My Post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/08/reading-plans-what-are-you-reading.html

bermudaonion said...

You had a great week in books! Sex on the Moon sounds really good to me.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

There are a few on your list I'll be looking for. Enjoy!

Aisle B said...

YOu got NightCircus! Seriously is that not one of the coolest covers you've come across.

Mystica said...

Coming to this meme rather late - enjoy them all.

Staci said...

Just the title Sex on the Moon cracks me up!!! Enjoy your reads!