Photobucket

August 21, 2011

Sunday's Shining Star

Sunday's Shining Star is still having technical problems due to blogger

Once again, blogger and photobucket are fighting.  And I am o frustrated.  I have tried everything.  I thought it might be that blogger wouldn't accept the site where I create the frame from, so I tried just adding the blogger's picture, and blogger also refused that.   I have contacted blogger regarding this issue but have not gotten a response.  Is anyone having this problem?

I try to draft my posts far in advance, especially for Guest Author showcases, in case real life interferes.  This way I don't have to scramble at the last minute.  But I can't even do that.  I can't add author and or book images.  Another issue I can't seem to do lately is "preview" a blog post or after I publish it, "view" it.

I am wondering if I should go to wordpress.  How much work is involved?  Has anyone made the switch?  Which do you prefer?  Or would owning my own domain help?
 
Over the past 2 weeks, I have wasted so much time trying  to work around these problems, trying different methods that I can think of, but being computer challenged makes it even harder.  I have also been having problems with google documents.  Would love to hear your thoughts, comments and/or any suggestions you may have because the panic is starting to kick in as the dates are getting closer for my agreed upon Author showcases.  (I would have inserted here an image of somebody panicking lol so you will have to use your imagination lol)


7 comments:

Carol said...

Sorry to hear you are having so many probs with your blog :(

I only use the picasa albums via blogger to upload photos for my blog.

I recetnly had a couple of posts go live when I was sure I had post dated them. I am not sure if I was to blame for this and not careful enough.

Do hope all settles for you soon

carol x

Gigi Ann said...

I don't know if you follow Kat Mortensen on FB or not, but she has going to wordpress, because of all the trouble she was having. If you can find her wall page, you can read all about her troubles and why she changed.

Personally I haven't had any troubles, so far. My blog, Ann's Moody Blues, is scheduled 20+ weeks in advance. I hope nothing goes wrong.

Have a wonderful day.

Nise' said...

Sorry you are having trouble. I have not been having any troubles, but I also do not have all the bells and whistles. I can only view and comment on your page if I use Google Chrome or Firefox, not IE. Don't know if that could be an issue for you as well? Ask an expert, of which I am not!

Julie P said...

Clearing the cache again worked, but I don't know for how long. I don't know what is going on with me viewing your blog! UGH

Jackie said...

Cheryl my pics off desktop or anywhere else like my Picasa albums have to try at least twice to three times before can get them to insert in a new post. I mostly just save the draft and then go back to the post 30 minutes later and sometimes it works fine at that point and some days have to go back another 30 minutes or so later and it works. I have been getting posts from a blogger who is versed in setting up Word Press as that is her platform for blogging. Here is link to Amy's tutorial page she might be able to help you and if not may know someone who can.

Will get back to you later about the Q&A, just stopping by really quickly as not online all day and have 80 emails to clear out.

Shirley said...

Sorry to hear of your issues with Blogger! I know how frustrating it can be. I had problems with it a few months ago and nothing I tried made any difference to my ability to add photos or postings. I had to reformat my computer. (I assume it had picked up a virus because reformatting fixed the problem.)

XmasDolly said...

That's okay my desktop computer and my internet are having a fight I'm on my laptop and it's a whole new ballgame here for me I'll tell ya.