Photobucket

January 7, 2011

Friday Memes Week #1

WFRIDAY

Photobucket
Hosted by An Island Life
From An Island Life:
  In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
  If you’d like to participate, visit An Island Life answer the question and then post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!



My Question:
Favorite Board Game?

My Answer:
Monopoly







Hosted by Java from Never Growing Old
From Java's blog:
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun and get to know your fellow bloggers!!



Book Blogger Hop
Hosted by Jennifer from CRAZY FOR BOOKS
  In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!
  The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added! We get over 200 links every week!!
  Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
  If you start following someone through the Hop, leave a comment on their blog to let them know! Stop back during the week to see other blogs that are added! And, most importantly, the idea is to HAVE FUN!!
This Week's Question:
"What book influenced or changed your life? How did it influence/change you?"
I have to say the Bible.  When going through a rough time, I just open it to a random page, and there is always a passage relating to what I am experiencing and what I need to do.


23 comments:

Misha said...

As a kid , I used to love board games! Monopoly was my favourite too :)
Have a great weekend!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

The Game of Life was always a favourite.

Julie P said...

The advice on opening the Bible to a random page and finding a verse I think is a good idea--definitely something that may help me right now...

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just hopping by and following through.

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Deni said...

Oh man, I think my favorite might be Life

Carol said...

Hopping by on this Friday afternoon.
No need to introduce myself I am sure, and of course goes without saying already a follower :)

enjoy ur weekend

carol

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

Happy Aloha Friday!
I like playing Bogle, which is sort-of a board game.

Readaholics said...

Hey you, just stopping by on the hop and follow. I like the Aloha Friday meme. Have a great New Year. Happy Reading!!!
See ya!
Dana
Readaholics Anonymous

Colette S said...

I love scrabbles!

Happy weekend to you.

Jenni Elyse said...

I love Monopoly, but no one will play with me. I've bought digital versions so I can play by myself, lol.

Bookworm Lisa said...

Stopping by from Java's. Have a great weekend.

http://lisaisabookworm.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year, Cuz.

How is Tick Tock?

Going to check out your giveaways.


Elizabeth
http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

New follower!

The Bible is a great answer.

Howard Sherman said...

This will probably come of something as a surprise but the book that changed/influenced my life (more than any other) is a non-fiction book. I know we all focus on novels and the fanciful fiction we love to read but The Four Work Week is the book that gets all the credit. I know the title sounds fictional but it really isn’t. Hop over to my blog and find out why – http://www.howardsherman.net

Happy Book Blogger Hop Day!


Howard A. Sherman

Yvonne said...

Just hopping thru...have a great weekend!

Rach said...

scrabble has always been my family's favourote

Bev Hankins said...

My favorite board game is/was: Clue

Ann Summerville said...

I stopped by from the blog hop.
Ann

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I like Settler's of Catan. When I was young I loved Clue.
Happy weekend!
My Hop

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

Dropping by from the Hop!

Wakela said...

Just stopping by from the Book Blogger Hop. Have a great week!

Wakela's World

Belinda said...

Happy HOP! I love that about the Bible and makes it an amazing source of strength. The book I shared was a major catalyst for change last year so come by and visit :)

The Bookish Snob

Kailani said...

That's easy . . . Candy Land!