Photobucket

January 18, 2011

Tuesday Memes (2 of 2)

TUESDAY
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!
Well....it's snowing AGAIN here in New England....the perfect day to do a Read-A-Thon (keeping fingers crossed on that one---you can read more about that later).    OK...OK.. I have had enough...so the person in charge of the snow machine, please turn it off.  I said Please!!!  Next time...I don't know it I will be so polite lol.

Also, I would like to take this time (lol...it sounds like I am accepting an Emmy lol) to thank everyone who stopped by and left such kind remarks and wishes for Mark..  Both Steve and I are so proud of both our boys, as I know you are of your children.  We know that there are days, as parents, we wonder WHY did we ever want them, but the end result is so fulfilling.  To see their accomplishments and the adults they become, is a feeling, only a parent knows.  So those with little ones..hang in there, it's worth it!!!

Photobucket
Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Glenna and Casey made their way up the steps as a black hearse pulled to a stop in front of the bronze-door entrance.   Men in black overcoats unloaded the casket, and bagpiper's, dressed in plaid kilts, black berets, and spats, stood on the steps, welcoming the body of Travis York onto the cathedral.
Photobucket
ARC from LT page 163

Photobucket
Hosted by Michelle from The True Book Addict
Progress: 4 hours
Please....someone explain this to me.
Every time I sign up for a Mini Read-A-Thon, it's like a bad genie invades my space and interrupts my intentions of just reading.  I had all my drafts done for the week, etc etc, but then a few of real life issues got in the way and I think I was lucky if I got in a total of 4 hours of reading in.  Today can only get better.  So I'm off to get some things posted then read. 
GL to all of those participating!!!
TTYL!!!


10 comments:

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Hi there!

I've got a few of MJC's books to read, I will have to get on with that now :)

Here is mine!

Hugs,

Sassy
:)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great teaser! I've been drooling over this book...hope you enjoy it.

Here's mine:

(click on my name)

Unknown said...

love the teaser! good luck today!!
we only got about 2" of snow and then a crust of ice... I made it to work but the kiddos are home safe & sound drinking hot cocoa & irritating their father!

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful Teaser!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Dead Head by Rosemary Harris

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I know what you mean about life issues...best laid plans are always waylaid! Just remember to relax and have fun!

Gigi Ann said...

It sounds like a dark read. Great teaser, but goosebumpy. Real life issues often get in the way of my reading also. I hope you have a day filled with reading today..

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-relationship-obits.html

Aisle B said...

Black hearst... kilts oops bagpipes... who was this dead man being so honoured... Hmmm... I have fangs lying in wait for you at my corner of the world. ;)

Bev Hankins said...

Hmmm...starting off with a funeral. Is this a mystery, do we need to find out how this person died. Or a dramatic book that will deal with how this death has affected people? Intriguing teaser!

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays_18.html

Misha said...

The teaser makes me curious about the book. Sounds like a thrilling read!