Photobucket

January 29, 2011

Saturday Memes

SATURDAY

Photobucket
Hosted by Danielle at There's A Book
From Danielle's blog:
We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here. I created this weekly meme to get to know the blogging community I love just a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. Each week I will post a question to be answered in the following week’s “A Bit of Me(Me)”. Check back each Saturday to get the info for next week’s post and link up with your current post right here.
This week's question:  What is your favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor? Do you have more than one? Can’t narrow it down, tell us all about the ones you love!
Read more: http://www.theresabook.com/2011/01/a-bit-of-meme-listen-here/#ixzz1BloeYISA
First, a BIG, a really BIG THANK YOU has to go out to Danielle.  She usually asks for a favorite, as in one, as you can see above.  However, I think, due to my hysterics in the past when she would ask for a favorite, as in pick one, she has now added more than one lol.
Photobucket
Hope you have time.....here goes....Peanut Butter Cup,  Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Black Raspberry, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl, Coffee,..........sorry........have to leave........need to go to the store and get me some.......
Photobucket




Photobucket
Hosted by Yvonne from Socrates Book Reviews
From Yvonne's site:
  I've wanted to start a meme like this for a long time. It's "Anything Goes on Saturday". It's a chance to choose any topic you want and talk about it on Saturday - it can be about a book, TV show, movie, a recipe or just an update on your week. Whatever you choose.
  If you'd like to join in, take the button above and blog about it. Use the linky below to post your direct link to your post. Then, go and visit other blogs and see what's on everyone's minds this week. Enjoy!
Today's Topic:  Domains
Lately I have seen many articles and bloggers mentioning that they have changed their URL and purchased a domain.  So I am wondering and my questions for today are:  What are the advantages of having a domain?  If you have purchased one, was it hard to transfer from what you had?  Were there are lot of glitches?  What site did you purchase yours from?  Do you recommend buying a domain?  What are the pros and cons of having a domain?

11 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

New York Chocolate Chunk is my favorite, but I've only tasted 4 or 5.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I'm with you...it's too hard to narrow it down to one favorite...so here's what I did:

ICE CREAM

Unknown said...

I'd think you'd be cold enough without needing the ice cream!!

I purchased a domain. It was an easy switch. If you don't know & aren't planning to know websites then it's not worth it but if you're looking for a full-fledged website then absolutely get one! I got mine at 1&1 for only $5 per year.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Cheryl that ice cream image has to be the single most awesome picture I have ever seen - LOVE THAT!

I posted today a linky for the Where Are You Reading participants and you can add your January recaps on this challenge if you would like.

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

I'm not the biggest ice cream fan, but going through these posts does make me want some, lol. I put mine here:

http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=2197

As for the domain thing, I purchased mine a few years ago and I've been really happy with the decision. I have mine hosted with BlueHost because I wanted a Wordpress platform and they recommended that site for hosting. What I like about it is that I have all the flexibility I could want and there aren't any restrictions about *what* I can put on my site. But I think it's completely subjective and depends on what you want out of your blog :)

Julie P said...

I just ate some Strawberry Cheesecake last night! LOL

Nise' said...

I don't think there is a Ben & Jerry's I haven't liked yet!

I've been thinking about the Domain question as well.

Yvonne said...

I love Ben & Jerry's! Cherry Garcia, Chucky Monkey...yum!

Misha said...

We don't have Ben & Jerry's in my country. So sad!
But my favourite ice-cream flavour is Black currant!

The1stdaughter said...

Oh! I LOVE your graphic for this one! It was such a hard choice, I mean really...who can choose just one Ben & Jerry's flavor? There are SO many good ones. I think you did the right thing. ;o)

Perfect!

Carol said...

Oh wow!
U have many more flavours of B&J than we get here in the UK

Mint choc chip has to be my all time fav ice cream flavour.

carol