Photobucket

January 6, 2011

Thursday Memes Week #1

THURSDAY

Photobucket
http://btt2.wordpress.com/
Any New Year’s reading resolutions?
I did make reading resolutions for 2011, and yes, I have already broken one of them.  In 2010, I accepted so many requests from the time my blog went public in December, that I never picked up a book from my personal tbr list.  I, really thought that requests would be far and few between, and was I wrong!  I wrote my "Review Policy" (due to the far and few between thinking) stating that I would read the requested reviews in order of receiving them, which almost made me into a robot reader.  This year I have amended my "Review Policy" as to guaranteeing 3-4 ARCs per month and then continue with my request pile until completed.  I think that is why I went into such a huge slump in September. 

I also planned not to accept so many books  LMAO....ok...so that one went out the window.  With so many good books out there, how can 1 say NO.  Plus how can you say no to an author who has taken the time to contact you, which I take as an honor, is trying so hard to get their book recognized after putting their heart and soul into writing it and now trying to market it.  This just might be the next #1 Best Seller.  And if the synopsis sounds good, I want to give that author a chance!!!


What about you?  Any resolutions?
Photobucket
Hosted by Lori from Dollycas's Thoughts From Lori's site:
  It struck me recently how much time I spend on this computer every day, blogging, chatting or playing games on Facebook, emailing friends and relatives, making cards and calendars, etc. etc. etc.
  We depend on each other for book reviews, giveaways, encouragement, friendship, but how well do we really know each other?
  So that is what this meme is all about, getting to know each other.
WEEK 19 QUESTIONS
After Lori suffered from the flu for a few days, 
her questions are all about food!
Hope you are feeling better and back to normal!!
1. How would you build the perfect sandwich?
It would start with Kraft mayo on both sides, lettuce and tomato.  And for the main course either egg salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, roast beef or ham.  And has to have a couple of pickles on the side.
2. What is your favorite flavor of potato chips?

3. Now add the perfect beverage to complete this lunch.


12 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Resolutions? None. Goals? Yes.

Our sandwiches would be almost the same, except, I would use Hellman's Mayo. I love Lay's PC. My drink would be Pepsi..but weaned myself of it, therefore, now my drink would be sweetened decafe iced tea.

jlshall said...

Wow, I forgot all about reading and resolutions after seeing that sandwich! Think I'm gonna go have a little snack right now. Happy New Year and happy reading in 2011!

Jenni Elyse said...

Other than the mayo, your sandwich sounds divine!

dollycas aka Lori said...

sorry for making you hungry, but I am too, hubby was sick for the past 2 days, went back to work today but left the cupboards pretty bare, going to have to eat leftover cookies. lol

Julie P said...

I'm hungry now.....

Anonymous said...

Here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/booking-through-thursday.html

bermudaonion said...

I don't really make resolutions, but I want to be choosier in my choices too.

My favorite potato chips are Mrs. Fisher's - we have to order them off the internet, so we don't get them too often, which is a good thing. Otherwise, I'd be as big as a house.

Jackie said...

Resolutions None but a few blog goals as well as a few personal ones to take care of this year....


Sandwich would be my favorite of Chicken Salad spread, my chips would be BBA ruffles and the drink would be a Dr Pepper either out of the can or over ice...

jackie >_<

Yvonne said...

You sound like me with the reviews. I can't seem to say no! LOL

XmasDolly said...

OMG You had me all the way up until you said COKE! GAG ME WITH A SPOON! Do you know they use Coca Cola to get the gunk off of car batteries!? Anything that cleans off corrosion off of car batteries personally I do NOT want in my stomach! I'm a Diet Pepsi girl or gimme Skim Milk! Yeah baby, and oh yeah add hard salami to that sandwich!!! Love ya Hun!

Bev Hankins said...

My main resolution is to work on those TBR piles that jeer at me from around the room. Most of the challenges I've signed up for are going to help me do just that (justification for my addiction! just what I need!).

Misha said...

I never make any resolutions since I always forget about them!
Your pictures are making me feel hungry!