Photobucket

January 14, 2011

Friday Memes

FRIDAY
Photobucket

Photobucket
Hosted by An Island Life
From An Island Life:
  In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
If you’d like to participate, visit An Island Life answer the question and then post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!



My Question:
We have over a foot of snow outside and I am thinking of summer and BBqs so my question is: how do you like your hamburgers cooked and with what condiments.

My Answer:
Well done with cheese, mustard, ketchup and sweet pepper relish.





Hosted by Java from Never Growing Old
From Java's blog:
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun and get to know your fellow bloggers!!


Book Blogger Hop
Hosted by Jennifer from CRAZY FOR BOOKS
  In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!
  The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added! We get over 200 links every week!!
  Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
  If you start following someone through the Hop, leave a comment on their blog to let them know! Stop back during the week to see other blogs that are added! And, most importantly, the idea is to HAVE FUN!!


This week's question comes from Barb who blogs at Sugarbeat's Books:

"Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?"

My answer:
I mainly read Mystery/Suspense or Contemporary Chick Lit.  I think I enjoy the thrill and fast pace of a thriller, trying to figure out "who did it" even thogh if it is a good mystery, I never do.  And I enjoy the Chick Lit especially if the characters come to life as if I knew them personally, and I become part of their story, a story that I don't want to end because I want to continue to follow the characters' lives.





26 comments:

Mika said...

I like historical fiction. I just
love history.
I'm following from the blog hop.
I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Mika

Unknown said...

I LOVE burgers!!
Medium rare with a toasted bun, melted cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo, Onions, Pickles, and hot pepper relish!
Great, now I'm hungry again. I really need to stop reading you in the morning!!!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Now you've got me hungry for a grilled burger! :) I like mine with Miracle Whip, ketchup, cheese and sweet relish. Sometimes I'll add lettuce and tomato to that, too. ;)

Aloha Friday Follow: Detention

Unknown said...

I like my hamburger well done with cheese, pickles and lots and lots of mustard.

Deni said...

I like my hamburger medium well, ketchup, tomatoes, onion, cheese, pickles

bermudaonion said...

I like my burgers medium with mustard, tomato and lots of pickles. I'm going to have to think about why I enjoy the genres I do - that's a tough question.

flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

Happy Hopping! I'm a long-time follower. (you were one of the first blogs i ever found) ^-^

www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

Colette S said...

I like mine well done with cheese, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes and bell peppers oh and don't forget mayo!

And I read a bit of every genre. it all depends on my mood or the book I fall in love with after saying I'm just going to skim through and see if it's worth it :)

Aloha!

Auntie E said...

I like my hamburgers with Mustard, ketchup,dill pickles and onion.
My Friday post-Got Plans? Hope you visit me and answer my question.

Carol said...

I'll have a chicken burger with loads of mayo and salad. If only beef burger going would have to be good old ketchup!

I too like chicklit, and agree sometimes the characters seem like friends.

carol

Gigi Ann said...

I like my burgers done with Mayo, lettuce, tomato, lots of onion and cheese.

I like my reading light and cozy, be it mystery, or romance.

I am Harriet said...

I love pickles :) We actually grill indoors in the winter.

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/01/what-are-you-craving/

Teacher/Learner said...

Mmm...burger...*resisting temptation to drool* I like my burger A&W-style: medium to medium-rare with ketchup, mustard, tomato, pickles, a little onion & mayo or BBQ sauce...man, that sounds good! I devoured nearly every John Grisham & James Patterson book to figure out all their "whodunnits". Lots of fun!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

My hubby does the best burgers on his charcoal grill. I like cheese and ketchup.

Charlotte | Life's a Charm! said...

i love catsup on my burger. tomatoes, onion and lettuce!

Rach said...

I eat vegetarian burgers with ketchup :-)

Becca said...

I like my burgers cooked as well done as possible with cheese and mayo...lettuce too :)

Coupon Queen said...

Hi, stopping over and following on the Friday blog hop. I love to read also and am currently in a book challenge at Book Chick City. I like to read almost anything but I tend to gravitate towards mystery, fantasy and urban horror like Laurell K. Hamilton. As for burger, the best one I had in a long time was made by a friends hubby when I was visiting them. He mixed beef, antelope and cheese and cooked them on the grill. Super tender and cheesy, yum!!

Jenni Elyse said...

I used to read a lot of mysteries. I don't as much anymore because I'm on a YA kick right now. But, I also love trying to figure things out, even though I'm usually wrong.

Howard Sherman said...

Here I am hopping on by...

I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

Howard A. Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

XmasDolly said...

Burgers mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm MW for me, and I like the works. lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, grilled onions of course.

Emma Michaels said...

Happy Follow Friday! I am a follower!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
The Thirteenth Chime
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Julie P said...

I like my burger the same as you, except medium....

Marie said...

I'm a new follower :-)

Burgers sound so good right now -- I'm so tired of winter! I like mine with ketchup, mustard and pickles!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

I like them well done with cheese and I'll take mustard! Mmmmm

Misha said...

I think I may be the only person who doesn't like burgers!