Photobucket

January 27, 2011

Thursday Memes

THURSDAY
Before we get to today's meme, I would like to extend an apology to all those that stopped by yesterday and left comments, which I do read and appreciate.  However, due to a doctor's appointment, personal issues regarding my mother and sister which I am the sole caretaker and responsible party for and timed posts that I am behind on, I was not able to find the time to visit and/or respond to all my fantastic and fabulous visitors.  I am so sorry.  It has been a bit overwhelming lately in the real world and it seems I just don't have enough hours in the day.  Please accept my apology and I promise once things settle down, I will be back to normal, well...if I was ever normal to begin with lol.

Photobucket
Today's question:
What’s the largest, thickest, heaviest book you ever read? Was it because you had to? For pleasure? For school?

My answer:
It was the first college text book that I purchased titled Care of the Adult Patient.  It was a little over $20. and I thought that was outrageous especially since I had so many other books to buy for that semester.  But that was the first, thickest, heaviest and of course one that needed to be brought to class every day.  I keep wanting to toss it thinking that the material is so outdated and if need be can be accessed online, but hubby quilts me into keeping in....why, I don't know.

Photobucket
Hosted by Lori from Dollycas's Thoughts
From Lori's site:
It struck me recently how much time I spend on this computer every day, blogging, chatting or playing games on Facebook, emailing friends and relatives, making cards and calendars, etc. etc. etc.
We depend on each other for book reviews, giveaways, encouragement, friendship, but how well do we really know each other?
Questions:
1. What time do you usually wake up each morning?
       It can range anywhere between 5-7am, depending on my back pain level which is usually what wakes me up.

2. What time do you usually go to sleep each night?
       That also depends on when I get up in the morning or what kind of day I put in as far as pain.  On days where the pain is on the high end of the scale, which takes a lot out of me, I can be in bed (or the recliner) by 7pm.  But most nights its around 9-10pm

3. Standing at the foot of your bed, do you sleep on the right side of the bed, left side of the bed, or do you have the whole bed to yourself?
       I am allowed 1/4 of the left side of the bed.  Hubby is quite the restless sleeper so for safety reasons, I try to stay clear  lol.  Plus I can only sleep in certain positions so don't need much room.

10 comments:

Misha said...

The largest book I have read was Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. It was 1160 pages long!! I read it because it's one of my mother's favourites but I hated the book!
I am sorry to hear about your back pain. My mother suffers from it too, so I understand how much pain you must be in :(
I usually go to sleep at around 12 and wake up at 5 a.m.

Unknown said...

sorry things are rough. We're praying for you!

gautami tripathy said...

Hope every thing turns out well...

Here is my BTT: Heavy Books post!

Gigi Ann said...

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I hope today is a good day for you.

I usually wake up between 5 and 7 o'clock, depending on whether or not I had insomnia. Those mornings I wake up between 8 and 9 o'clock. I go to bed, around 10:30, but, don't always fall asleep, therefore, it may be 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning before I go back to bed.

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm like your hubby. My husband gives me most of the bed because he's been kicked and hit before because I'm a restless sleeper. I am getting better, though!

Lori said...

I have never heard of the book. Here is my answer to this week's Booking Through Thursday.

dollycas aka Lori said...

I know exactly what you mean about sleeping positions and the pain. My hubby has sleep apnea and sleeps with one of those machines and he is no longer a restless sleeper, but the cat is hilarious batting at the air coming out of it. I have tried so hard to get a picture and just can't but it is really funny.

Carol said...

Cheryl,
I am thinking of you at this difficult time. Family carers are unsung heroes.

1/4 of the bed! Do you sleep without a safety net?

carol

Nise' said...

Never feel like you have to apologize when real life is more important! I would rather you take of you and your family than respond to my comment or visit my blog!

Mine are Les Miserables (1488) and House Divided (1522). I am currently attempting War and Peace (1200). Love those chunksters.

Bev Hankins said...

Here's my BTT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/01/booking-through-thursday_27.html

You won't be surprised that it involves classics. :-)