Photobucket

May 13, 2010

Booking Through Thursday (3 of 3)

Photobucket
Today's question is: 
Are your book choices influenced by friends and family? Do their recommendations carry weight for you? Or do you choose your books solely by what you want to read?
Unfortunately I don't have many family or friends that enjoy reading.  Matter of fact there are only a couple.  My cousin, who I send my books to, are now comparing notes as to what we thought of the books.  And my biggest book buddy, Jess (my son's gf) has suggested books to me that she has read.  Last summer when they were here, Jess and I would sit by or in the pool reading.  I just loved that time together.  Other than review books, I choose books that I want to read.


3 comments:

Julie P said...

Great post! I am like you, no one in my immediate family is a big reader. Sometimes I read a book that a friend recommends, but I am the biggest reader by far--most of them ask me! I have grabbed alot of books based on my blogging friend's reviews lately.

Nise' said...

Prior to blogging I did not have much reading influence. But that has changed so much and I love it.

Shelley said...

I found your blog through BTT! I'm very much the same as you--choosing my own books. It's definitely less complicated that way!