Photobucket

May 1, 2010

New Meme Spotlight Saturday

I just found a great new meme for Saturdays and wanted to share.  It is being hosted by Lori from Lori's Reading Corner http://www.lorisreadingcorner.com/  I had to join after reading what this meme will entail.
Photobucket
Here is a little that is posted on her site:
  Welcome to my new meme….Saturday Spotlight, where each week we will have a chance to showcase something new. It will be the place to gather, talk and shine the “spotlight” on all things book related. Not to mention a place to discover new to us authors, characters, series and places.
  Each week I will pick a new theme for us to share our favorite of, and every once in a while I’ll make it a “readers choice” week where you can spotlight whatever you want.
  Some of the different things we’ll be spotlighting are our favorite book, author, female/male character, location, murder weapon, series, other book blogs, giveaway sites, places to get our books and just about anything else book related.
Isn't it a great idea?  I signed up and if you get the chance, visit Lori's blog to see if you would like to join too.
Today is get to know so here goes:
  My name is Cheryl, am 54 (shhh don't tell anyone), live in RI, married 29 yrs and have 2 great sons. "Mash" is a nickname that I received from my coworkers before becoming disabled. It is the beginning of how my last name is pronounced. I have always been an avid reader as far back as I can remember. A book is always by my side or I feel naked. Suspense/Mystery have always been my favorite genre with a few contemporary Romance and Lit thrown in. In September, I stumbled onto a book blog, which I didn't even know existed. From there I clicked on the blogroll lists and found many more book blogs. I was inspired to create a blog (a miracle since I am computer challenged), which was going to be a "personal journal" as to my reading but the more I read on the book blogs, the more I wanted to become involved as it looked like so much fun. In December I started accepting requested reviews and as they say...the rest is history. When I saw the premise for this meme, I had to join. Am hoping to meet new bloggers and to better get to know the bloggers I follow.
  CMash

6 comments:

Missy B. said...

First of all, your blog is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

Second, thanks for stopping by my place and becoming a follower! It is always nice to meet new blog buddies.

I am a new follower of your blog and I look forward to visiting your blog....It is so pleasing to the eye!

Happy Reading!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

What a fun idea! I love this! My Saturdays are so full I have no idea when I will be able to do this but would love to try it out sometime :)

Anonymous said...

Until about a year ago, I didn't realize book blogs existed either. :-) What mystery authors do you enjoy?

Wildan said...

visiting,. nice blog n review,. please visit mine : http://dans-novelfreaks.blogspot.com/

open for a link exchange, will be good our pagerank,. thanx :)

CMash said...

Thank you all for stopping by.
Missy B: Thank you for the compliment on my blog and also for becoming a follower.

Sheila: I think Spotlight Saturday is a great idea. Am looking forward to next week.

Laughingstars: Favorite authors? too many but a few are Karen Rose(she is a new one added..totally enjoyed both books I read by her), James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Lisa Jackson, Stuart Woods just to name a few.

Wildan: I will try to stop by today.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This sounds like a fun meme. It is great fun learning about other bloggers. Have a great week Cheryl.