Photobucket

May 22, 2010

Saturday Spotlight (2 of 2)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Hosted by Lori at Lori's Reading Corner (http://www.lorisreadingcorner.com/)
  Welcome to the Saturday Spotlight, where each week we will have a chance to showcase something new. It will be the place to gather, talk and shine the “spotlight” on all things book related. Not to mention a place to discover new to us authors, characters, series and places.
  Each week Lori will pick a new theme for us to share our favorite of, and every once in a while I’ll make it a “readers choice” week where you can spotlight whatever you want.
  Some of the different things we’ll be spotlighting are our favorite book, author, female/male character, location, murder weapon, series, other book blogs, giveaway sites, places to get our books and just about anything else book related.
  Today Lori has chosen:
FAVORITE FEMALE MYSTERY AUTHOR !!
This is not easy to pick just one..there are quite a few that I will pick up their book and know, it will be an enjoyable page turning read.   Authors like Lisa Jackson and Wendy Corsi Staub.  However, I was lucky to be introduced to Karen Rose from The Hachette Book Group.
Photobucket
I was asked to read and review a mystery by this author that I hadn't heard of.  Before reviewing, I would always stick with authors that I knew of.  Only having a couple of "avid readers" in my circle of family and friends, I don't get much in the way of recommendations.  So my reading and reviewing schedule had gotten to this book.
Photobucket
I found it to be amazing as a suspense/mystery read.  It was one of those books that I call "just one more chapter".  Had me guessing to the end with twists and turns throughout.  I knew that I had to read all of her books that I have been missing out on.  I told myself that once I get caught up with my "requested review reads,  I will be purchasing many of her books to my EReader.  But The Hachette Book Group supplied me with another gift...they have offered for me to read and review Ms. Rose's newest book...I can't wait to get my hands on this one
Photobucket
I can't wait to start reading I Can See You and still plan on reading her novels that I have missed out on for so many years.  If you haven't read one of her books, you like mystery and suspense, this is one author you have to read. 
One of the great things in becoming part of the "book blogging neighborhood" is now I have many people recommending books, so much so that my tbr list has grown to becoming huge.  Since reading reviews from other bloggers, putting many books on my list, I know have to call my tbr list...my tbr bucket list.
Happy Reading!


2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Wow! I've got one of her books in my bookcase so I'm glad to see you liked her work so much!

Julie P said...

Thanks for sharing. I am going to check this author out on Goodreads!