Photobucket

December 3, 2010

Friday Memes

FRIDAY
Photobucket



Photobucket

Hosted by An Island Life
From An Island Life:
  In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
  If you’d like to participate, visit An Island Life answer the question and then post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
My Questions:
Have you signed up for any 2011 Blog Challenges?
Approximately how many?

My Answer:
Yes and approximately 10...? more to come



Hosted by Java from Never Growing Old
Today's Friday Follow has been postponed.  Just received word that Java was rushed to the ER.  Please keep her in your prayers.



Book Blogger Hop
Hosted by Jennifer from CRAZY FOR BOOKS
  In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!

  The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added! We get over 200 links every week!!
  Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
  If you start following someone through the Hop, leave a comment on their blog to let them know! Stop back during the week to see other blogs that are added! And, most importantly, the idea is to HAVE FUN!!
This week's question:
This week's question comes from Marce who blogs at Tea Time With Marce:

"What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"
My answer:
I won't read a book just because of the "hype", I read books that I think may interest me.  However, there was one time, that a book was on a virtual tour by a known author, and I had also  received a copy to review.  It was The Hypnotist by M.J.Rose.  There were mixed reviews from around bloggy land both good and bad.  It really bothered me at the time, because I was second guessing myself, as to how come I couldn't even get beyond 100 pages and some bloggy peers loved it.  For me it was a DNF.  But then you can't please everyone all of the time!!

12 comments:

Deni said...

No, I didn't even know there were any!

bermudaonion said...

You're a a challenge addict! I try not to read books because of hype, but sometimes I just can't seem to avoid it.

Unknown said...

I think I've signed up for at least 10 as well... I just need to organize... Ha!

I'm not into hype books either. I don't care how great everyone says something is - I won't read it if it doesn't look interesting to me or if I'm not in the mood.

I am Harriet said...

I wish I had time for those things.

Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/12/what-have-you-had-to-wait-for/

Colette S said...

What blog challenges and how do I find them?

Marce said...

I picked up the Hypnotist so often and decide next time, I really need to give it a try but if you didn't like it, hmmm, not great since we have similar taste.

I only choose hyped books that intrigue me but there have been a few that is just not my cup of tea.

Maybe I need to choose better, that is a goal for next year.

My response to my question.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/12/popular-and-hyped-books-you-did-not.html

MadeInCanarias said...

Emmm, no. I don't know much about blog challanges.

Anonymous said...

I've signed up for 6 so far. That number will probably grow as I find more.

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I don't read books because of hype alone, but when you hear a lot about a book it tends to make you more excited. Or it does me at least.
My Hop

Julie P said...

Hi Cheryl! Hope you are having a great day.....

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just hopping by and following through. I think that is just the right way to look at it - to each their own


Shelleyrae

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

No not at all.