Photobucket

December 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

TUESDAY
Happy Tuesday everyone!!  If you live on the upper east coast, I hope you are safe and shoveled out from the blizzard yesterday.
Photobucket
I will be away from my computer today, at least until hubby can figure what out what is wrong with it.  Booted it up this morning and kept getting the dreaded blue crash screen.  I am using hubby's computer at this minute, but since all my blogging sites are stored on mine, it is making me quite frustrated.  So if I don't respond, you will know why. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


  "Look, Keeper," Norman said, "I don't mean to go ballistic, but if Pelton's busted you, that makes me an accessory.  No matter who's in the wrong, that makes me liable for manipulating the evidence, too."
  "You knew the risks."
  "I never imagined anything like this."

Photobucket
EBook   page 270


13 comments:

Paula said...

good teaser here's mine if you wanna check it out http://www.communitybookstop.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesday-11.html

Belinda said...

What a great teaser! Hope you're enjoying it :D You can find my teaser at The Bookish Snob

gautami tripathy said...

Sounds really good!

Teaser Tuesday: If Walls Could Talk by Juliet Blackwell

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, that sounds so intriguing. Love legal eagle tales and suspense stories.

Hope your computer recovers! That's always my biggest fear....

Here's my TT:

(click on my name)

Aimee said...

Great teaser! I hope you are able to get the computer fixed! My TT is at Coffee Table Press

Wakela said...

Great teaser!

Wakela's World - Tuesday Teaser

Gigi Ann said...

Uh Oh! Sounds like someone is in trouble. Nice teaser.

I hope the computer gets fixed without to much trouble. Until then....HAPPY READING!!!

Julie P said...

Hope you're enjoying this book!

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from Nature's Secret Messages: Hidden in Plain Sight by Elaine Wilkes (Page 3):

"We lie in the lap of immense intelligence." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stop. Look. Listen. My kindergarten teacher taught me that. I remember carefully lining up the tips of my patent-leather shoes exactly at the edge of the curb and stopping–then carefully looking to my right and left, quiet and aware, listening for any clues. Feeling that it was safe to proceed, I'd grasp my classmate's hand, jump off the curb, and happily venture into unknown territories on the other side of the street.

Now I barely glance from side to side as I hurry on my way.

What happened? Where did that wide-open feeling of awareness go? In the rush of adulthood, it seems to vanish, but what would happen if we simply stopped, looked and listened…even as busy adults?

As a learning addict, I've hunted for insights through countless books, seminars, experts, masters and more. Eventually, I realized that my kindergarten teacher had it right from the beginning, long before I started my quest. Who knew that she was so profound?

Sonia said...

very very interesting! They get caught doing something with the evidence!

Mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2010/12/28/readerly-teaser-tuesday-2/

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Awesome teaser! You've got me interested in this one! :D

Happy New Year,
Zakiya - My teaser this week

Bev Hankins said...

Great teaser! Hope you're enjoying! I'm just catching up with today in the blog world...Had the parents for Christmas Part III. Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays_28.html

Unknown said...

You know how close I live and we have... nuttin'. It's my week off - I'd love to see some snow - even flurries would be nice!