Photobucket

December 17, 2010

Friday Memes

FRIDAY


Photobucket

Hosted by An Island Life
From An Island Life:
  In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
  If you’d like to participate, visit An Island Life answer the question and then post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!



My Question:
Who was the last person you emailed?

My Answer:
Booking With Bingo with my mailing address because I won a Bingle Bells Bundle!!!!!!   Three more books to read!!!!









Hosted by Java from Never Growing Old
From Java's blog:
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!


Book Blogger Hop

Hosted by Jennifer from CRAZY FOR BOOKS   In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!
  The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added! We get over 200 links every week!!
  Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
  If you start following someone through the Hop, leave a comment on their blog to let them know! Stop back during the week to see other blogs that are added! And, most importantly, the idea is to HAVE FUN!!



This Week's Question:
This week's question comes from Alex who blogs at Geek on the Brink:

"What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"

My Answer:
I think that plot comes first, then characters.  If the story doesn't grab me, it doesn't matter what the characters are like.  I would compare it to life, it's the total picture of what is happening and then there are some people that are liked and/or disliked within one's life.



10 comments:

Aimee said...

I agree! I prefer a better plot than characters if I had to choose! I'm already a follower.
My hop is at Coffee Table Press

Unknown said...

I have to agree but I'll add one thing -- I'll read a book for the plot but I'll only read it again for the characters!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Baba about a comment she left on my blog.

I am Harriet said...

A blog sponsor I think.

Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/12/michael-vick-owning-a-dog-ever-fall-for-a-scam/

Michelle said...

I'm visiting from Aloha Friday.
The last person I emailed was my son.

Deni said...

my friend

Colette S said...

I think I just emailed Xmas Dolly :)

Happy holidays!

Jenni Elyse said...

That's an interesting point about the plot vs. the characters. I think the book needs both, however. I'm a fence sitter. ;)

bermudaonion said...

Yahoo for winning books! I think both plot and characters are important - you've gotta have both to have a great book.

XmasDolly said...

The last person I emailed was my hubby. I sent him all the wonderful comments people made about his Video he made with him playing, "What child is this".