Photobucket

December 7, 2010

Tuesday Memes

TUESDAY




Photobucket

Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The woman shook her head.  "The cabin is kept for special times.  The Powerses are there for prayer and meditation with their daughter.  She's going to be ___".
Photobucket
page 113



Photobucket
Hosted by Katrina from Callapidder Days


Week # 11 Question:
Do you ever read the end of a book before you actually get there? Have you sneaked a peek at the last page or two to find out what happens? Or do you faithfully avoid the final pages until you’ve “earned” them by reading to that point?

My Response:
NO..NEVER!  I wouldn't dream of doing that.  In my opinion, that defeats the purpose of reading for enjoyment, pleasure, relaxation, fun etc etc.  


11 comments:

Yvonne said...

I have Last Writes in my TBR. It sounds like a good one.

Unknown said...

Cute teaser!

I've check out the back a couple of times... but only if I'm ready to give up... every time I've just quit after reading the back...

Belinda said...

What a place to end you :) Thanks for sharing.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, now I'm very curious...love that book cover, too.

Here's mine:

(click my name)

Bev Hankins said...

Now I want to know what she's going to be....!

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays.html

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from Witchgrass: A Pipe Dream by Dave Wilkinson (Page 1):

Most gardeners hate witchgrass. Of all weeds it is one of the most persistent and adaptable. Any small piece of rhizome left in the soil can become an aggressive plant ready to take over the plot. Witchgrass is hard to pull. Roots are deep, and break off easily. Any part left in the ground will grow again. Farmers say the species isn't even good as hay, not as good as timothy or alfalfa. Some call it quickgrass.

Early New England colonists blamed evil people for this garden invader. In the seventeenth century villagers would speak this way:

"The surly woman living alone on her dead husband's estate. She goes into the woods and consorts with the Devil. Signs his book. Fornicates with him. Eats mushrooms. She and the Devil send witchgrass to harass the virtuous and the Godly. Let us hang this witch and seize her rich farm."

Aisle B said...

Bad bad bad bad ... you left us in the middle of a word wondering "what is she!" teasing me endless and thinking "what can she be???"

Mystica said...

What a teaser.

My post is also up and my first giveaway (a gift card) as well. Please do come visit.

Lori said...

Hmmmhmmm, that cabin is not there to hold prayer...that is what they would like you to think.
I hope that you are enjoying your book. Check out My Teaser for Tuesday.

Julie P said...

Really?!? Never??? C'mon now....

Nise' said...

Oh, what a teaser!

I never sneak a peek at the end either!