Photobucket

December 21, 2010

Tuesday Memes

TUESDAY




Photobucket
Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I took out my wallet, slipped out a business card, and handed it to him.  Then I leaned into his ear.  "Doctor," I whispered, "let's hope your patient makes one hell of a miraculous recovery."
Photobucket

EBook edition page 101




Photobucket
Hosted by Katrina from Callapidder Days
Before I share my wrap up with everyone, I would like to thank Katrina for hosting this challenge.  Katrina:  you did a wonderful job and it was so much fun.  Thank you!!!
 
WRAP UP
Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?
Yes..I completed this challenge.
Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?
I did have to change my original list.  I signed up for and listed
12 books that I wanted to read.  However, 2 of them
were a DNF so I added 2 more to replace those.
What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?
There were a few.  Books are like children, can't have a favorite.
But the ones that stood out were: Love Always, Hobby and Jessie,
And One Last Thing, Last Writes and, of course a
James Patterson book, Private
Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them?
Yes.  New authors that I am looking forward to reading
 more fromand they are the authors of the above books: 
 Sara Robinson, Molly Harper and Sheila Lowe
Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2010 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about?
Other than I am a self proclaimed challenge junkie lol.
It would have been from the memoir Love Always, Hobby and Jessie.
Since the author and I are close in age, it gave me insight into my parent's
life at the time that they dated, married and had children. 
 What was your favorite thing about the challenge?
The weekly questions.  Am hoping that Katrina will 
host this challenge again and maybe even have others.
Again, thank you Katrina for hosting this.
.



17 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh, this sounds intriguing! Great teaser! My TT is at Coffee Table Press

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing your challenge!

Alayne said...

Your teaser is intense! Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, this one sounds very tempting....

Thanks for sharing.

Here's mine:

(click on my name)

gautami tripathy said...

Some teaser!

Loved it!

Teaser Tuesday: The Wake of Forgiveness by Bruce Machart

Natasha said...

Great Teaser! I haven't heard of this book, but I'm going to check it out! Thanks.:)

Here's mine, if your interested:
http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesday-december-21st-2010.html

Marce said...

Ohhhh teaser from the Innocent, I can't wait to read it, Jan i'm sure, love his work.

My TT

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesday.html

Gigi Ann said...

Your teaser sounds interesting, and glad you finished the Fall Into Reading Challenge. It was a fun challenge and because of it I got a lot more reading done than I otherwise would have.

Unknown said...

Chill to the bone teaser.....haha!!! What kind of recovery he means?? Owh..I would like to know!!!

My Teaser's HERE

Unknown said...

Huh? You mean we could change our book list? Well, crud! I could have finished after all. I read more books than the # I planned but skipped out on some I wanted to read because I was trying to get into the Christmas spirit -- it didn't help...

Belinda said...

Love to know what's going on :)
You can find my teaser at The Bookish Snob Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from Lipstick in Afghanistan by Roberta Gately (Page 1):

"Do you hear it?" The voice was almost a whisper.

Elsa held her breath, and then she heard it too, a faint rustling of footsteps over twigs and leaves. Out of the corner of her eye, she glimpsed several shadowy figures darting through the trees, and when she turned, she saw a glint of sunlight reflecting off the barrel of an assault rifle.

There was no denying it—the Taliban had found them.

Oh, Jesus! she thought. We'll never escape.

Elsa knew the Taliban's ruthless hatred; the death and destruction they wrought was undeniable.

Seized by a sickening wave of fear, she wanted to cry or throw up, but there was no time. She tried to catch Parween's eye, but her friend was looking back, intent on finding the source of the sound.

"Run!" someone shouted, and suddenly, the chase was on.

BLHmistress said...

OH this sounds very interesting, Can't wait to read what you think.

My Teaser Tuesday

Bev Hankins said...

Sounds like a threat to me...very interesting teaser! And I like the cover too.

Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays_21.html

Wakela said...

Great TT! Mine's up Silent Night

Julie P said...

Love your teaser this week. And great wrap-up answers. Great job, Cheryl, as usual!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Thanks so much for being part of the challenge and for faithfully participating in the weekly questions! Hope you have a wonderful 2011!