Photobucket

December 6, 2010

Monday Memes

MONDAY



December is being hosted by Lady Q from Let Them Read Books
Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia of The Printed Page and is now on tour.
According to Marcia, “Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.”
Before I share my mailbox with you, I would like to give a big Thank You to Lady Q who is graciously hosting Mailbox Monday for the month of December.  This past week was a slow one for my mail carrier and am pretty sure she was happy about it lol.

Monday 11/29/10
From The Hachette Book Club









Hosted by Java from Never Growing Old
"Meet Me On Monday!"
From Java:
Blogging is a funny thing...we tell our most intimate thoughts for all to read and yet most of the time I find myself sitting and wondering, "who is this person!?" I know them...but yet I don't know them! I want to know who the person is behind all those words so I thought of a great way for all of us to "meet" each other!
Questions:
1. What is your favorite kind of cheese?
Photobucket
Mozzarella, BUT like all foods, there is never
 just one  favorite for me.  American, cheddar
provolone are some others I enjoy.

2. What size is your bed?
Sleeping Girl
Queen
3. What is your most overused phrase?
It would be "Really?"

4. Green or purple grapes?
grapes
and seedless

5. Shower, morning or night?
SMILEY SHOWERING
Night...this way I have extra time in the morning



14 comments:

Unknown said...

A new JP book? Looks like you'll have some reading fun!
How can you choose a cheese? That's like choosing which child, or which pie, or which cookie? How could you do that to the other cheeses?

gautami tripathy said...

That novel looks good! Happy reading!

Here is my Monday: Mailbox/Whereabouts post!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I like a slow mailbox week once in a while - gives me a chance to catch up a bit :-)

Kaye said...

Hope you enjoy the Patterson book. What? You don't just love asiago cheese? YUM!

Alayne said...

I hope you like Patterson's books better than I do! Happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Nise' said...

I've got to pick up cross fire too. I know it will be a quick read! Have a great Monday.

Anonymous said...

I received for review Out of Touch by Brandon Tietz from the author.

Twenty-four-year-old Aidin, a wealthy socialite and self-proclaimed "club god," lives a magazine life based on decadence and excess that includes drugs, sex, and gourmet food. It's a life based on surfaces in a place where the surface is all that matters. His therapist later describes him as a materialistic drug addict bent on promiscuity with self-esteem and identity issues.One morning, after a night of heavy partying, Aidin awakes completely vacant of any sensation. He can't feel temperature. He can't feel pressure. He can't feel anything. After a near-fatal stint in denial, he seeks the help of Dr. Paradies, a therapist whose methods are far from conventional. She provides him with a new addiction in the form of a life list--a litany of activities to accomplish. As Aidin completes his list, he discovers talents he never knew he possessed, such as the ability to quickly learn new languages, an IQ off the charts, and amazing physical stamina.With these new discoveries, he questions his doctor's intentions. When Aidin digs for the truth, will he slip back into his addictive habits? Or is there truly a conspiracy underway, as he suspects? The answer forces him to make a life-altering decision.

Marce said...

Is JamesP one of your favourites, you seem to read a lot of his, what is your favourite?

My post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

bermudaonion said...

I am a cheese-a-holic!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Living in Wisconsin I like almost all cheese! Guess that's why we are cheeseheads! I hope you enjoy the Patterson book.

Wendi said...

Ohhh - I have yet to read a James Patterson book. They all sound good, but I just don't pick them up... maybe because my tbr pile is too big!

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Peggy said...

Stopping by to say hi!
I love sharp cheddar but then all cheese is fab!
PegsPlay

Laura J Harrison said...

http://grandma-sez-so.blogspot.com/2010/12/meet-me-on-monday-fun-q-to-get-to-know.html
Hi I'm om the Meet Me on Monday Hop.
Getting a kick out of some of the pics and answers. Following so stop by and give me a follow or a like on my unpopulated FB page or both.
Cheers to the Years!
Laurie from Grandma Sez So

Julie P said...

Even though your mailbox was small, it had a great book in it. You can't go wrong with Patterson!

And what a surprise! Mozzarella! Never would have guessed that, what with you being an Italian and all! LOL