Photobucket

December 13, 2010

Monday Memes

MONDAY




hello christmas mailbox friend
December is being hosted by Lady Q from Let Them Read Books
Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia of The Printed Page and is now on tour.
According to Marcia, “Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.”
Another slow mailbox week, but was excited to receive this goodie.
12/08 Tuesday
Photobucket
LibraryThing  ARC (January)







Hosted by Java from Never Growing Old
"Meet Me On Monday!"
  Blogging is a funny thing...we tell our most intimate thoughts for all to read and yet most of the time I find myself sitting and wondering, "who is this person!?" I know them...but yet I don't know them! I want to know who the person is behind all those words so I thought of a great way for all of us to "meet" each other!
  Every Sunday I will post five get to know you questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!!
Questions:
1. How do you order your steak?
Buffalo Filet Mignon
It has to be filet mignon cooked medium well

2. Are you superstitious about anything?
I have 2.
Photobucket
Broken mirror brings 7 years of bad luck
and
Number 3
Death comes in threes

3. Who is your best friend (not including your spouse)?
friends 4 ever
This is a hard one...it's like picking a favorite child.
I have a few best friends, some that I have known for 30+ years,
some  that I can call at a moment's notice, knowing they will
be there for me or that I can tell them anything,  knowing
I will get honesty in return, or who will lend me their shoulder
when I need one, or sharing  in happy times.  They also know that they
will get the same from me in return.  And yes, even best cyber friends.

4. When is the last time your wore a dress (for the guys...a suit)?
black dress
For a wedding a few months ago.

5. Do you have any trips scheduled?
Photobucket
Not yet booked, but as soon as the real life issues are taken care
of and I am feeling a bit better, we plan on going back to Aruba.







12 comments:

Kaye said...

Lol, I see we have the same taste in steak, not just books! Have a good week, Cheryl.

Unknown said...

The MJC book looks good. I've not read her for quite a number of years.
Mmmm. Steak! Delmonico - rare with a baked potato with sour cream & butter.... Great! Now I'm hungry!
Superstitions? Bunches! Farming families always do - though we do NOT farm ourselves!

Jenny Q said...

To Have and To Kill looks like a good one! Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

gautami tripathy said...

Happy reading!

Here is my Monday: Mailbox/Whereabouts post!

Alayne said...

I got a LibraryThing book this week as well. Happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Anonymous said...

I received for review The Job by Craig Davis from the author.

Joe B. enjoys the sweet life as a vice president at a huge conglomerate, Universal Whirligig. But along with the Big Boss' favor, he has also gained the notice of a bitter human resources manager, Luci Fernandez. Hateful of any success but her own, Luci manages to get him demoted to the mail room! A rollicking comedy of errors follows as Joe B. tries to figure out what's happened to him, and attempts to get a meeting with the Big Boss. Joe B.'s great expectations have taken a dickens of a twist. His family is forced to make a series of hard adjustments, and he gets only lame comforts from a string of the worst friends anyone could have. Will he finally track down the cause of his frustrations? Or will he only learn a lesson about what it is to be the boss, and that what is apparent is often only a shadow of a greater ongoing good? "The Job: Based on a True Story (I Mean, This is Bound to Have Happened Somewhere) is a modern parable of ancient troubles and truths.

Nise' said...

Oh man, that steak looks good, I must be hungry and I like it medium well too. Have a great Monday.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Boy that steak and that beach picture sure look good to me right now. Have a great week!

kalea_kane said...

Yum. The filet mignon sounds delightful! I am officially hungry. I wear dresses when we go to weddings, but actually the last wedding I went to was about 3 years ago. Have a lovely week! Enjoy your trip to Aruba!

bermudaonion said...

I can't remember the last time I wore a dress. I don't think I even own any! Enjoy your new book!

Aisle B said...

You make me hungry every time I see those delish foods.. filet mignon hmmmmmm... yummy...

Enjoy the ARC To Have and To Kill.... sounds like matrimony ... is that a play on words... hee hee
later alligator ;P

Julie P said...

Last time I wore a dress was for formal night on the cruise. And I count you as one of my bfs! Having a bf over the internet is just different than having one that you see every day. Maybe it is the ability to be totally honest in your e-mails (or not, I guess, LOL)...