Photobucket

December 2, 2010

Thursday Memes (1 of 2)

THURSDAY
Photobucket


Photobucket
http://btt2.wordpress.com


Today's Question:
How about First Editions? Are they something special? Or “just another book” to you?


My Answer:
For me, just another book.  I would think to readers that collect historical novels, that would be improtant.  But since, that genre isn't even one I would consider reading, First Editions, don't tempt me.

Photobucket

Hosted by Lori from Dollycas's Thoughts
From Lori's site:
  It struck me recently how much time I spend on this computer every day, blogging, chatting or playing games on Facebook, emailing friends and relatives, making cards and calendars, etc. etc. etc.
  We depend on each other for book reviews, giveaways, encouragement, friendship, but how well do we really know each other?
WEEK 14 QUESTIONS

1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who do not tell the truth.
2. Do you shop online?
Absolutely, Yes.  Especially over the past few years with all the problems
I have with my back.  It is difficult me to walk  and/or stand for long periods of time

3. Have you ever traveled by train?
Yes..when I was a child and remember having my book with me then too.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! First editions? I went to buy hubby a Harrpy Potter book the other night most on the shelf were $8 but the 1st editions - $35! Yeah, not even going there! Maybe if it was a Charles Dickens first... I will admit that I have all of Grace Livingston Hill's books as first editions and several others that were published early or pre 1900. So I do like old things, but not most.
My biggest pet peeve? Stupid people. The ones who can't count your change back to you in a store, the ones who can't add up your purchases with out the register, or the ones who call you each and every day asking you to buy something... even though you've already said no stop calling!!!

dollycas aka Lori said...

I love Gina's peeve, I hate that too, but my hubby always says "you can't fix stupid" lol

Liars get to me too! We are going to have a nice list of peeves this week!!

Anonymous said...

Lying will always come back to haunt you. It's better to just tell the truth.

Lori said...

LOL....love the previous comment. I can completely understand the price differences. Interesting question, don't you think? I personally am an avid reader, not a collector of books, although, I do own alot. Here's my answer for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

bermudaonion said...

I don't worry about First Editions either - I don't think they'll be come valuable in my lifetime.

We took the train all the time when we lived in France and loved it!

Barb said...

I don't worry about first editions either - to me a book is something to read - not a piece of art. I agree with a previous commenter lying always comes back to bite you in the butt! Might take some time, but it comes:) I don't know what happened to your back, but I hope you are feeling better soon!
Drop by my blog to see my list!

Bev Hankins said...

I love first editions...not because I think they'll be valuable in my lifetime, but because I collect vintage mysteries and to find a first edition in excellent condition (which is, of course, a must) that has lasted that long is just the coolest thing to me. That's what gets me about e-books. So...an e-book that was written today lasts one hundred years in cyber-space (where, theoretically everything is forever unless the system crashes) what would be cool about that? My work emails will theoretically last that long unless somebody cleans out the college cache at some point.....