Photobucket

December 30, 2010

Thursday Memes

THURSDAY

Photobucket
http://btt2.wordpress.com
What’s the best book you read this year?
If you followed my blog over this past year, you learned that James Patterson was my all time #1 author, however, in May of 2010 I was introduced to a new author that I felt was equal to Patterson.  Since May I have read 2 more books by this writer and presently reading his 4th and can honestly say that he has taken the #1 spot.  That author is Vincent Zandri.  And the book that hooked me was:
Worst?
Other than the ones that ended up in the DNF pile, there were a few that I could put in this category but I know that these 2 had different thoughts around the blogosphere but were not enjoyable to me:

Favorite?
Some of my 5/5
Jackson, Lisa Most Likely To Die
Sheehan, Jacqueline Now & Then
Walker, Bill A Note from an old Acquaintance
Rose, Karen Silent Scream
Keener, Rachel The Memory Thief
Dixon, Dianne The Language of Secrets
Baron, Michael The Journey Home
Thayer, Nancy Beachcombers
Sheldon, Sydney After The Darkness
Stevens, Chevy Still Missing
Samuels-Young, Pamela Buying Time
Gardner, Lisa Live To Tell
Patterson, James Private
and

Like I mentioned above, I am currently reading the newest book by Vincent Zandri, The Innocent, which I will be posting my review for on January 1st.  What better way to start off the New Year but to review a book from my new #1 favorite author?  Oh I know,.....................to have him stop by and visit with us all.  So mark your calendars...Vincent Zandri will be here January 1st to let us know what we can look forward to in 2011.

 
 
Photobucket
Hosted by Lori from Dollycas's Thoughts
From Lori's site:
  It struck me recently how much time I spend on this computer every day, blogging, chatting or playing games on Facebook, emailing friends and relatives, making cards and calendars, etc. etc. etc.
  We depend on each other for book reviews, giveaways, encouragement, friendship, but how well do we really know each other?
  So that is what this meme is all about, getting to know each other.
WEEK 18 QUESTIONS

1. Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?
And more.....matter of fact....hubby shocked me with an 8 day trip to Aruba!!
Photobucket

2. Do you make New Year's Resolutions?
No

3. How will you spend New Year's Eve and New Year's Day this year?
We haven't decided yet.  Either with friends or a
quiet dinner, just the 2 of us, having shrimp cocktail and lobsters.
happy new year


13 comments:

Lori said...

I found it difficult to choose best of the best. Worst of the worst was easier. My Booking Through Thursday.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I've never heard of that author before. Cool picks for your favorites, all very good mystery authors. Have a happy new year!

Gigi Ann said...

As you know I only named one of each, but, I had many more that could have fit the best and favorite and a few that were on my worst list. Happy Reading.

dollycas aka Lori said...

I need to check out that author and ARUBA OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This was a hard one. I've read a few from Vincent Zandri and have liked them all.

Vincent Zandri said...

Cheryl asked me to chime in on the best way to nab my books. Easiest way to simply head to my website, www.vincentzandri.com, but you can also head to Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, your local book stores....etc!!!!
Thanks again Cheryl and thanks for commenting all!
V

Marce said...

Cheryl guess what........ I too am thinking VincentZ may become my new favourite, how crazy is that. And because of you I tried him. I have to read Moonlight Falls and Innocent.

Thank you so much for introducing me to him, I can't wait for Jan 1.

Anonymous said...

Best: The Trophy Bride's Tale by Cyrilla Barr

Worst: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Favorite: Everyone Loves Elwood by Karen Quigley

Gina said...

Oh..sad to see THE PARTICULAR SADNESS OF LEMON CAKE in the "worst" pile....had been meaning to read that one. Definitely have to give props to James Patterson. He always has something new coming out and usually it's pretty good! Have you heard about the new MG book by him coming out June 2011? A change from the normal but still good... Happy reading!

Jenni Elyse said...

How fun that you get to go to Aruba! What a wonderful gift!

Julie P said...

Nice answers! Hope you are doing well. You know I love ya!

Bev Hankins said...

Someone you like better than Patterson? I may have to suggest Zandri to my friend who also likes Patterson (he's not my cup of tea...).

I had a hard time narrowing it down to one best of 2010. Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/12/booking-through-thursday-best-worst-of.html

Have a great time on your trip to Aruba! (How Cool!)

Misha said...

I was looking forward to reading The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake but I am not so excited now.But I have to check out all your favorites. My TBR just expanded further. *sigh*