Photobucket

December 19, 2010

Slapdash Sunday (Part 1) Topic: Reflections and Blogging Etiquette

SUNDAY


Photobucket
Hosted by Kayla at The Eclectic Element
Slapdash Sunday is a day for your proverbial week 'leftovers.' Is there something you wanted to say, but just forgot? Is there something you want to write about, but isn't worth a whole page? Do you have a random thought, funny or otherwise that needs to be written down?
That is what Slapdash Sunday is for!
I have been reflecting a lot over the past couple of weeks as I wind down my first full year of book blogging and reviewing and gearing up for the new year.  I have made so many new friends, which I am thankful for, have had so much fun visiting others and their blog's, adding way too many tbr books to my personal bucket list because of every one's reviews, learned a lot regarding the computer (that in itself is a miracle) and am totally amazed that people actually read my blog, and for that, you have my deepest gratitude.  I have learned quite a bit and am anxious to learn more.  I hope that I have conducted this blog with integrity, honesty, credibility, laughter (mainly at myself) and with proper etiquette.  Which brings me to the Slapdash Sunday Discussions.  Next week will be Part 2: Changes.
Today's Topic:
Photobucket
I have enjoyed every minute of this new community that has accepted me.  And I hope I have never offended anyone or that I did not follow proper etiquette.  I tried to treat others as to how I would like to be treated.  Which brings me back to Etiquette.  I have had a couple of  incidents this past year that have bothered me and wonder if you have ever had similar situations.  One was seeing a phrase that I always use hijacked and used for someone's creation.  Now I know I don't have a copyright on phrases, but was still taken aback.  Another one, which really did a number on me, and honestly took the fun out of blogging for a few weeks and even caused a few tears.  It came from another party, not a blogger, where my credibility, honesty and future intentions were questioned and had false accusations said about me, to the point of being  X'd out, and bordering on slander.  I know and understand that I can't change anyone's behavior except my own, so I want to make sure I never engage in poor blogging etiquette and to learn the how- tos of handling that type of conduct, if it occurs in the future.  
So my questions are:  Have you ever had similar situations?  How do you handle being on the receiving end of poor etiquette?  Do you have certain rules that you feel should be followed?  What do you think is poor blogging etiquette?  Would love to hear your thoughts on this issue.  Let's have a Slapdash Discussion!!!


4 comments:

Julie P said...

Hmmmm.....I don't think I have ever been offended by anyone, and I hope to goodness I haven't offended anyone myself. I think that if everyone did exactly what you mention above: treat others the way you would like to be treated, then everything would be wonderful. Shouldn't everyone follow the Golden Rule???

Anyway, I love your blog and you know I love ya! Count you as one of my true friends, whether it is just online or not....

CMash said...

Julie: Thank you for the kind words. I agree with you regarding the "Golden Rule". I just hope I never offend or have offended anyone.

Nise' said...

Sorry that happened to you Cheryl.

I have not been offended and hope not do do so either.

CMash said...

Thanks Nise...It was a very uncomfortable situation and quite unfair, since what was said were all lies and false accusations.