Photobucket

October 15, 2010

2 Friday Blog Hops (2 of 2)




Hosted by Java from Never Growing Old
From Java's Blog:
Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun and get to know your fellow bloggers!!



Book Blogger Hop
Hosted by Jennifer from CRAZY FOR BOOKS
From Jennifer's Blog:
  In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and find new book-related blogs that we may be missing out on! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!
  The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added! We get over 200 links every week!!
  Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.
  If you start following someone through the Hop, leave a comment on their blog to let them know! Stop back during the week to see other blogs that are added! And, most importantly, the idea is to HAVE FUN!!
This Week's Twist:
"When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?"
My answer:
Since I started accepting book requests, I will read at least 100 pages and if by then, if the book hasn't grabbed me, it goes in the DNF pile.  With books that I just can't get into, I feel that I am wasting time because I  find every excuse not to pick it up and continue reading.  That is why I put the 100 page rule in my "Review Policy".

10 comments:

Carol said...

I will give a book about 50 pages.
too many books + too many children - too little spare time = not worth sticking with a book I am not enjoying :)

only joking about too many children

enjoy ur weekend!

Carol

Kim, USA said...

I think I am like you. If the book don't grab me just by the first page I don't want to read it any further. Happy Friday!

Bev Hankins said...

I think that's a good rule. And if you tell people up front that it's part of your review policy, they know what to expect.

Lover Of Romance said...

Just stopping by for the hop!!! I hope that you have been well!!! Have a great weekend!!! And the 100 pages policy is wise!!! :)

Feel free to come on over to my place at Addicted To Romance


Happy Reading!

Anonymous said...

I think 100 pages is more than enough to decide if you're not being grabbed by a book, how long I give the book usually depends on the book itself. Longer books I will grant a pass because sometimes they can be a bit slow in the beginning and take a while to get to the point, lol. Happy weekend :)

Aisle B said...

You're one tough cookie. I think I should have the same rule.. but I such a "wooz" so I keep trudging on, especially if their review books.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

The 100 page rule is such a good one but I just can't seem to stick to it. If I'm that far I always think--maybe I should just go the distance. Good for you for knowing when to quit! ;)

Yvonne said...

Hopping thru....

I used to finish everything I started, but not so much anymore.

http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/10/book-blogger-hope-october-15th-18th.html

Belinda said...

Happy HOP! YOu know what I never thought to put it in the review policy. I used to force myself to finish the book I was reading and all it did was make it painful and caused me to hate the book. I give it a try but there comes a time where you have to put yourself first, even if it means putting a book to the side :) Hope you have a fun weekend planned !
Come HOP by and visit

Anonymous said...

Hopping by! Hope you are having a great weekend :)

Hope you come visit my blog - and check out my giveaway!

http://libertyfallsdown.wordpress.com/2010/10/15/book-blog-hop-15/