Photobucket

October 7, 2010

Booking Through Thursday

THURSDAY


Photobucket

This week's Question:
When you travel, how many books do you bring with you?

Has this changed since the arrival of ebooks?
My Response:
Good question!!  I have wondered what I would do since getting an EReader.  First it would depend on destination, how long we will be away for and reason for travel.  No matter of the above, I would take a minimum of 2-3 books, more if length of vacation is longer than a long weekend and/or 3 day getaway.  I think that I would probably leave the EReader at home even though it would be much easier transporting, packing and even purchasing extra books.  But when hubby and I think "vacation", it is either to Aruba or a cruise.  And under those circumstances, I would worry that the EReader would have a higher chance of either getting damaged and/or stolen if we were to leave it by a beach chair.  So the PBs win...they come on vacation!!

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I still carry way too many books when I travel, even though I have 2 eReaders.

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

I can understand leaving the ereader at home if conditions aren't good for it. But we don't go anywhere special on vacation, so I tend to rely on it. Before the ereader, I would bring something like three books also.

We finished our vacation recently and I finally got around to passing on the award you gave me. Thank you so much again!

Julie P said...

When I go on my cruise I am going to take one or two hard copies, but other than that just plan on packing my Nook.....

Darlyn said...

I think it's a big advantage if you have a e-reader. Coz you don't have to worry of the weight and the mess.I get it all the time to bring book in vacation.afraid of tearing it somehow or spilled coffee on it. i just 2 at the very most in any vacation.

Tin said...

At least 3 books, but then again I always have at least 4 - 5 books on CD so I know I am covered, so I know I am overly covered.

Aisle B said...

hmmm one day I'll embark with an e reader... one day... once I get over my obsession with books in my hands...