Photobucket

October 2, 2010

A Bit Of Me

SATURDAY

Photobucket

Hosted by Danielle at There's A Book

From Danielle's blog:
  We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here. I created this weekly meme to get to know the blogging community I love just a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. Each week I will post a question to be answered in the following week’s “A Bit of Me(Me)”. Check back each Saturday to get the info for next week’s post and link up with your current post right here.
This Week's Topic:
Describe your dream home and where it would be located.My Response:
Read more: http://www.theresabook.com/category/a-bit-of-meme/#ixzz118CANiCp

If I were to daydream and money was not an object, my dream house would be something on this idea  LOL:
Photobucket
OK..now back to reality.  We had our house on the market a few years back, just when the housing market was starting to go bust.  We had found our "dream home".  Literally, an hour before signing the final papers, the sellers backed out.  Needless to say, we were crushed.  But I am a true believer in "everything happens for a reason", we don't ask why, just know that it is to be.   The house was quite big and it would have served its purpose for when both boys lived home but would have been much too big for just hubby and I now that we are empty nesters.  We have not given up on selling but when its right we will put it back on the market.  And now we plan to look at a ranch style house, one floor, closer to where hubby works and near the water.  And of course, a 3 bedroom house for when the boys visit and a good size kitchen and a library/office.  Someday!!!


8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, isn't that the way it goes? I've noticed that my dream houses have changed over the years, depending on where I am in my life.

For thirteen years I lived in an A-frame cottage with a guesthouse that I thought was my dream house. But then it got to be a real hassle to maintain, etc., so I finally sold it when the market started going down, but before it got really, really bad.

And then I didn't buy anything else...not yet.

Here's what I wrote in my post today:

http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/10/02/a-bit-of-me-me-dream-homes-oct-2/

Julie P said...

And preferably closer to the state of WA!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I don't really care much about what kind of house, I just want it to be RIGHT ON the beach!!!

Gigi Ann said...

I lived in the same house for 40 years. Over 12 years ago we sold the farm and moved to Iowa, I downsized to an apartment, and am loving it. My dream house would be on the smaller side, however, I would want a nice master bedroom with a suite.

Gwen@ChewDigestBooks.com said...

I too believe that everything happens for a reason and I be that when the time is right, the perfect ranch house will come along for you!

bermudaonion said...

My dream home would look something like that too, but it would have to come with a staff to take care of it too!

Aisle B said...

Dream house... need just a huge library with a stairwell going all the way up and surrounded by books.....ahhhhhhhhh.

The1stdaughter said...

It definitely sounds like things worked out for the best despite how devastated I'm sure you were.

It's so funny too, how the size of the house changes once your kids move out. My parents actually downsized into a two bedroom once my sisters and I all moved out. You never know, the next house may be even better!