Photobucket

October 19, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010 Question #4 (2 of 2)

Photobucket
Hosted by Katrina from Callapidder Days
Today's Question:
Now for this week’s question…

Do you ever dog-ear the corners of book pages to mark your spot? Or are you a faithful bookmark user, refusing to damage the pages of your books? OR do you have another way to keep track of where you are in a book?
My Answer:
Bookmark!!!  Dog-ear never!!  However, I do have 2 sets of bookmarks, some for in the house reading and some for when reading in public.  The "house" bookmarks are random ones without anything special associated to them.  They are the ones that get used the most and it shows, so I don't feel bad when I have to discard them.  But then there are the special bookmarks that are only used when reading in public and would feel awful if they were damaged in any way.  Which happened with one of them but can not throw it away.  One of my favorite prayers is Footprints and I have a bookmark with that prayer.  My son's dog got at it and now it has teeth marks in it but there is no way I can throw it away.  I also have some that were given as gifts, those are very special to me.  Two of my favorite bookmarks were given to me, one from my book bloggy friend Julie from Reading Without Restraint, which is a bookmark with a picture and logo of her blog.  Great idea don't you think?  And the other,  which was given to me from another friend, is a 3D bookmark of roses.  Warning: can make you a little dizzy if you look at it from the wrong angle.  FYI: donations of bookmarks are accepted at this blog and greatly appreciated  LOL.


7 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I am so with you!. I never dog ear unless its something like a magazine that I will eventually throw away.. Never a book, never.

Unknown said...

Great answer! Way to be organized - different bookmarks for different books!
You can read my answer at Hott Books

bermudaonion said...

No dog ears here either. If there isn't a bookmark handy, I'll use anything I can get hold of.

Gigi Ann said...

I am a bookmark junkie also, I had to chuckle when I read the dog left his teeth prints on your bookmark. I have one that the cat chewed and left teeth marks. I call it a love note from my cat. I think it wanted a bit more attention than the book. hee, hee.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I am bookmark nut also. I never, never dog ear! I did as a teenager. What was I thinking?

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I love that you have different bookmarks for different situations. Unfortunately, with my tendency to lose/misplace bookmarks, I couldn't keep up with a system like that, but I admire that you do!

Julie P said...

DOG-EAR the pages! OMG--NEVER!!!! That is one of my pet peeves. Another peeve is when I see people actually fold the front cover of the paperback all the way to the back so they can hold it in one hand. Drives me insane!

And awwww--you love my bookmark! Smiles and hugs headed your way....