Photobucket

October 14, 2010

Booking Through Thursday (2 of 2)

THURSDAY

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today's Question:
Suggested by Joy:
If you could rewrite the ending of any book, which book would it be? And how would you change it?
My Response:
The most recent book that I would have liked to change the ending was Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer.  I wouldn't want to actually change the ending but have it continue.  I became so engrossed in the lives of the characters that I hated to see the book end.   I have had that happen to me on a lot of occasions and wish there had been a sequel to continue following the characters, maybe there will be one with this book!!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you. I rarely want to change the end - I'd just prefer that some books continue

Gigi Ann said...

I agree, but one book I thought had a weak ending was "Seven Year Switch" I enjoyed the book, but thought the ending was weak. Maybe she will write a sequel.

Nise' said...

There are very few books that I wish would have ended differently. Overall, I am satisfied with endings.

Marce said...

I haven't read that one. The Pact by Jodi P and Still Missing by Chevy S would be my choices.

bermudaonion said...

Hopefully the author will write a sequel!

Bev Hankins said...

I haven't read that one...As bermudaonion says, maybe you'll get a sequel.

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/10/booking-through-thursday-rewrite.html

XmasDolly said...

I know the movie was long, and the book was probably even bigger, but I would like to change "Gone with the Wind". I would like it if it was an happier ending. I mean I like the part, "Frankly Charlotte, I don't give a dam", but hey give a girl a break here, and let her win him back now that she found out she loved him all along. Okay, so I'm a romanticist at heart.