Photobucket

October 4, 2010

Musing Mondays (1 of 3)

MONDAY


Photobucket

Hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading
Today's Question:
This week’s musing asks…

What’s your favorite “cozy” book — and, by that, I’m meaning “curl-up-on-a-cold-day comfort read“? Or, if you don’t have a particular book, what genre do you most feel like reading when the weather starts to turn colder?
My Response:
I don't have a particular "cozy book".  The majority of my reading is Mystery/Suspense year round, so I can't even say that my genre changes with the seasons.  But I do enjoy sitting, curled up in an afghan, a cup of tea and/or hot chocolate and my current read, especially if it is snowing out, is a perfect setting for reading.  I can honestly say that my genres don't change with the seasons, only the scenarios change.


9 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

I enjoy different genres, if I read just one genre it becomes boring to me, so I have to have a change, although I do like cozy mysteries, I need a bit of romance in my life also.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

So your "props" change with the seasons...I do that, too. Hot drinks, cozy afghan, etc.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

Here's my musing:

http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/musing-mondays-oct-4/

gautami tripathy said...

I simply keep reading whatever I am reading at that time!


Here is my Monday post!

Kate Scott said...

I love mysteries too, but I usually read those in the summer.

caite said...

I don't think my reading is really seasonal...just maybe my beverage choice and venue for reading. Lemonade vs. hot tea, hammock vs. chair...

Tin said...

My favorite cozy book is a romance or "To Kill a Mockingbird" if I don't have a good romance on hand at the time. I own the Harper Lee.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have really broadened the type of books I read since I have started blogging. I have been enjoying curling up in a throw with a cup of hot tea after the hot summer we had.

Julie P said...

Good answer!

Aisle B said...

I love getting cozy with my historical romance... Yes, I'm a big sucker for romance with men in tights & flashy swords :)